Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says.. I want to remove them to paint them to match the rest opf the interior I've been working on. I gave it a go by myself but had no luck. I know a couple people have painted this part, so I'm hoping somebody can tell me how to do it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm also gonna do the trim pieces on the steering wheel, when I have time.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I love my black ones actually. Also love the little shiny black bits in the vents. I wish the old 1.6's didn't have the silver on the cubby :(.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hr16-if your serious I might be able to swing it. I still don't know how to remove them though..

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I'm painting the armrest inserts today, so maybe we can work something out for the interior piece trade.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Anyone have pictures of black ones? Didn't even know they came like that?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't mean to bump back up this thread but I didn't want to start a new one, is there a trick to removing those pieces? I've attempted it twice on mine and I can get most of it popped out but I just cannot remove it where the vent is. I have the service manual and it says to reach your arm up thru the glovebox area after you remove it and push it out, but there isn't enough room for me to get my hand thru.

These pieces

I'm going to paint them black/silver like my center console until I decide if I want to carbon wrap it or not.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't mean to bump back up this thread but I didn't want to start a new one, is there a trick to removing those pieces? I've attempted it twice on mine and I can get most of it popped out but I just cannot remove it where the vent is. I have the service manual and it says to reach your arm up thru the glovebox area after you remove it and push it out, but there isn't enough room for me to get my hand thru.
Yeah, I also tried the thing with putting your hand up through but to no avail. I just tugged on it until it came out. Honestly, its a PITA.

Can I please have a copy of the service manual?
pm me with your email address and I will email it to you. It is only the manual for the Dash trim pieces though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah, I also tried the thing with putting your hand up through but to no avail. I just tugged on it until it came out. Honestly, its a PITA.
Did it feel like you would break it doing that? I have a trim nylon removal kit but I wasn't very successful when I was attempting to pry in that area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts