Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I clocked myself going 90 mph this morning :driving:. Sorry for the blurry picture, I was trying not to crash lol.

How fast have you gone???

I actually hit 100 last week but was too busy trying to stay in the road to take a pic lol.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I don't have a picture but I have pushed the V to 120, and needless to say, that will be the LAST time that happens. The car shakes horribly, it's too light, and took forever to get to 120. Me and a friend of mine. He has a Dodge shadow 2dr with the 3.0 V6, and wanted to see how fast my V would go. Even then, there is no way I could have taken a pic at 120, with the way the V was handling. But ive gotten to 90 and 100 a couple of times without problems, at around 115 the V kicks into 4th gear, and that's why it takes forever. Gear 2 and 3 are pretty good, but 4 just about kills it, lol.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I don't ever wish to push the car to the limits on regular roadways here. Completely unsafe and illegal. I will only drive a max of 10km/h over on the highway, in city I drive the speed limit. I have no intention on getting any sort of tickets ever; and I don't want to kill someone else or myself. If you want to race, take it to the track.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't have a picture but I have pushed the V to 120, and needless to say, that will be the LAST time that happens. The car shakes horribly, it's too light, and took forever to get to 120. Me and a friend of mine. He has a Dodge shadow 2dr with the 3.0 V6, and wanted to see how fast my V would go. Even then, there is no way I could have taken a pic at 120, with the way the V was handling. But ive gotten to 90 and 100 a couple of times without problems, at around 115 the V kicks into 4th gear, and that's why it takes forever. Gear 2 and 3 are pretty good, but 4 just about kills it, lol.
4th gear in the automatic versa only kicks in at 115 mph? Really that seems crazy!? Why would they design it like that? Unless its at km/h then 115 seems reasonable, I know the gear ratio is different than the manual but i would imagine the revs would be so high the v would be ready to blow a hole at that point :p

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I've pushed my V to like 115 and I agree with Versa S 2009...at around 110(5th gear) the RPMs are about 4.5 which is not too bad but thats when I wish I had a 1.8/6spd...that extra gear would bring the RPMs down and the engine wouldn't feel so worked.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
ive gone 125 in the versa. once, twice max. its been a couple years though. im content on never doing it again.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
4th gear in the automatic versa only kicks in at 115 mph? Really that seems crazy!? Why would they design it like that? Unless its at km/h then 115 seems reasonable, I know the gear ratio is different than the manual but i would imagine the revs would be so high the v would be ready to blow a hole at that point :p
Well with the auto, it takes itself to the max it can go before red line and switches to 4th. We did that like on a Sunday morning, with no one on the road and on a straight away. That was like a yr ago. 4th is like overdrive I think, so that's why it takes forever. I have never went over 75 in the last year. Normally it's about 70mph on highway, and like 35-50 in the 45mph zone, depends on how fast I wanna get to work that night, lol. It was like one of those one time things, and would never do it again. I wish it was a five speed auto, but then again im sure Nissan doesn't expect the Versa to go over 100mph, lol. That's what the Z and GT-R is for, lol.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bad thread..
I have a terrible driving record, from before I got my V: mostly speeding/reckless driving tickets. Unfortunately that will stick with me for a few more years.
However, I have had my Versa up to 105 on an open road around here. (Old habits die hard) at 105, it will not go any further. Almost like the aerodynamics are stopping it.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Bad thread..
I have a terrible driving record, from before I got my V: mostly speeding/reckless driving tickets. Unfortunately that will stick with me for a few more years.
However, I have had my Versa up to 105 on an open road around here. (Old habits die hard) at 105, it will not go any further. Almost like the aerodynamics are stopping it.
not if you learn the hard way like me :biggrinjester:

I. Woke up at the emergency room wearing only a hospital Gown
II. Had a head concussion
III. Did not know why I was there, lost memory
IV. After a week, went to see my Car, I could not believe it. it was totalled!!!
V. My car hit one of those train poles and it came off the side walk, Air Bags deployed with blood everywhere, the hood, fender, wheels, everything was smashed.

That took my need for speed away :thumb2:

·
Banned
455 Posts
the versa i gotten up to about 100 mph....around here with the road and all i'm kinda scared to go any faster with it cause she like to move around alot of higher speed...and with wind that fast idk. spec v i gotten up to 130 mph...can i go faster yes with a gear left to go!!! but going that fast is already crazy dumb so ill just keep my record there in it

·
Registered
76 Posts
or you can not speed and still get into accidents, IE last year fell asleep at the wheel in my 98 chevy blazer at 2:30 a.m going to work, drove for two miles asleep, wire guard rail woke me up
before

after

2 weeks later doing 50, mexican lowered golf (where they cut the springs) took a left hand corner, car broke right, hit enbankment and rolled it, sliding upside for about 400 feet, bouncing of a stone wall.
before

after

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have taken mine to 120 in 5th. Once is enough very unsafe in public roads.

@ gaspricessuckk glad you stepped out of those accidents fine.If I ever visit Connecticut I will be careful not to cross your path.(Just joking)

@BluV3R18 thats an amazing story good to see you are OK after that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
all 3 of my accidents i wasn't speeding. first one was in 07. i am a defensive driver with road rage that is about it. blazer accident i climbed out through the sunroof, and really fucking miss my truck.

golf accident i cut open my finger tipss (worse pain in the world) and my arm has road rash scars, (arm went out the window as i rolled) and just bruised up, mandatory hopsital ride on a back board for a roll over. at least 7 people stopped, and a off duty ems person was there before the ems people, which came in under a minute

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.