Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year and 10 thousand miles there is a lot I like about my V S Sedan vs former economy cars, but the only nagging issue is keeping up in stop n go traffic. It seems I got to drive like Im doing a 0-60 test or youtube video just to keep the a-sholes on the road from passing me like Im standing still or to even maintain distant with the guy in front of me. Dont get me wrong I can easily maintain speed if not pass up to and exceeding the posted speed limits and maintain over 40 mpg, but Im finding I need to run to red line to keep up and Im dealing with typical toyotas, hondas and countless suvs made in the past 10-20 years.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stick, just me. With ac on blower setting 3 or 4 its aweful. With ac off its not bad, but I need to take the engine well beyond 3 grand when shifting around here.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know having to do 2-3 shift ruins 0-60 times, but taking off in 2nd from a dead stop doesnt help as it seems the power starts about at 3 grand and surges from there.

Where I live we get 2 types of traffic thats bumper to bumper. We get the one type that creeps along at like 5 mph. The other we get people exceed the posted limits, run lights and just haul ass even on the surface streets.

Since I work the earlier shift 6-3 I get the second type I describe. Sometimes I work 10 hours and encounter both 6-5.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, my Versa Note is slow, especially if the engine speed is below 1,500 RPM like how I drive it at speeds below 45 MPH. I have the CVT. People pass me, cut me off, tailgate me all the time. I turn off the AC and slow down when I go uphill, although I have to run the AC more now with the baby.

·
Registered
224 Posts
16 Note SV with CVT

Mine keeps up with traffic fairly well. I tend to be sort of a hypermiler so I'm light on the gas.

BUT::::

With the weather turning cold wow this thing is really slow in the morning before it warms up good. No power at all. And I live in NC so cold to me is in the 30ies. Don't know what you folks do that live where it really does get cold.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dumb me, had defroster on the hvac. It automatically turns on the AC to help clear the window. That explains it. Normally without the AC on its pretty good with traffic. In Summer was AC on blower speed 3 or 4 its a dog.

Generally in the mid atlantic area it gets down to 32 f 0c. Cold, but up nawrth it gets much colder. I cant say I see a loss in power, but I do know when using anything more than e10 gasoline its hard to start.

I use to hypermile and own a hybrid. This car really comes alive starting at 3500-6500 rpms. Even at that and keeping with traffic I see 41 mpg on the screen. This car has a nice sound with the stock exhaust, but I dont want to prematurely wear it out and I know with a stick shift its possible to lug it too low or over rev. Mostly I read on forums where guys mis a shift and over rev causing damage. Peaking redline seems fine as long as you do not ride it or excessively rev it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing