Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
you need the tranny and new ecu. pull the engine out, get new tranny in, you need clutch pedal, new gearbox...basically it might be easier getting a new car unless you haz a lot of munny.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
New cars out of the question. Finding a wrecked manual and getting all the parts would be cheaper and easier
even if you get the parts cheap from a junkyard you will still have to pay a shop for installation, which is not cheap. but thats up to you, i personally will be keeping my car's cvt unless i blow it up...then i will do the 6spd swap.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I don't mean to be mean or rude by any means.... But when you went to the dealer why didn't you ask them to find u one with the manual? I still got a great deal, rebates, etc and they had to go and get mine. I wanted a black/black sedan S with power package, ABS, and cruise control. The only one they had was sitting down in Mexico at the manufacturing plant. He said that if it wasn't there, he was gonna have to special order the Versa for me, cause it was so picky on options. But all in all, I don't know why he didn't sell me an SL, I think it would have been a better deal for me, and easier to find. But what do I know. I am happy with my purchase, and could not have got a better deal anywhere else, Ive tried...... Went to several dealers and they told me they is no dealer that would settle for the price I want, and well Modern Nissan of Winston Salem did it, and more. And because of that we have bought 4 cars from them, and the price just gets better and better!!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
In past fwd cars you would need tranny, pedal assembly, master cylinder, slave cylinder, hydrolic damper (optional), hydrolic lines, shift linkage (think we have cables in our cars), flywheel, pressure plate, friction plate, tob and clips, new axles, and transmission mount.

Note this is not exactly what's needed for a Versa but in general the above is what is needed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't mean to be mean or rude by any means.... But when you went to the dealer why didn't you ask them to find u one with the manual? I still got a great deal, rebates, etc and they had to go and get mine. I wanted a black/black sedan S with power package, ABS, and cruise control. The only one they had was sitting down in Mexico at the manufacturing plant. He said that if it wasn't there, he was gonna have to special order the Versa for me, cause it was so picky on options. But all in all, I don't know why he didn't sell me an SL, I think it would have been a better deal for me, and easier to find. But what do I know. I am happy with my purchase, and could not have got a better deal anywhere else, Ive tried...... Went to several dealers and they told me they is no dealer that would settle for the price I want, and well Modern Nissan of Winston Salem did it, and more. And because of that we have bought 4 cars from them, and the price just gets better and better!!

At the time I needed a new car and didnt care which transmission. I was one of the first people down here to buy a Versa back in 06. I prefered the Auto because i drive for a living and i have to operate a nextel, black berry, laptop and gps, as well as dash board dine. A Manual just wasnt gonna cut it. But when I quit my job I am keeping the V and I may swap to a manual so I dont have to have another car payment.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
oh, makes sense.

·
Registered
148 Posts
With the time and money you will spend on swapping to a manual, it is just cheaper trade cars. I've looked at it twice thinking I could find a cheaper way, and still am not going to do it. And I can get all the parts for next to nothing.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I hear you man. Trade in value on intro vehicles sucks. I have a 2010 1.6 with 9K and I've thought about trading it in for something with more hp but the highest I've been offered is $6,500. I decided to wait til it's paid off and swap a bigger engine along with a 6speed tranny and bigger ECU in there.

Excuse the thread jack but I agree with you about the car payments. If you can afford the swap I'd go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
To swap a manual in to an Auto
I would say it is not easy or cheap, but if you have the time and money to do it, go for it man :thumb2:

you're going to need the help of a good shop with people you can trust.

Good luck and keep us updated when you give it the green light.

my question is this:

is your current tranny giving you any problems or are you feeling or hearing something wrong in that area?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would say it is not easy or cheap, but if you have the time and money to do it, go for it man :thumb2:

you're going to need the help of a good shop with people you can trust.

Good luck and keep us updated when you give it the green light.

my question is this:

is your current tranny giving you any problems or are you feeling or hearing something wrong in that area?

Nothing wrong just like the control of a standard. I am still not sure what direction I am going with the car once I switch careers. I may but anouther 250K miles on it before then.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Nothing wrong just like the control of a standard. I am still not sure what direction I am going with the car once I switch careers. I may but anouther 250K miles on it before then.
ohh, that's cool. mine is a six speed and that was the only versa preowned they had left. when the salesman said its a six speed, I was like WOW!
and I like how each gear pops right in and you don't wonder if they're all the way in, there's no in between feeling.
I do like it but sometimes I wish it was automatic when I'm trying to eat a
big mac and drive at the same time hehe`

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I hear you man. Trade in value on intro vehicles sucks. I have a 2010 1.6 with 9K and I've thought about trading it in for something with more hp but the highest I've been offered is $6,500. I decided to wait til it's paid off and swap a bigger engine along with a 6speed tranny and bigger ECU in there.

Excuse the thread jack but I agree with you about the car payments. If you can afford the swap I'd go ahead and do it.
$6500? u could push $7500 if ur lucky, but no less then $7200. Multiple dealers told me that my 00 Camry LE with 60k miles on it, and in outstanding condition was only worth $3200, $4300 tops. But when I did the research it was worth $5,100, guess what, I wanted $5500, told them and they offered me $5400 no questions asked, I accepted it. Dealers are out there that are willing to give u top dollar for ur car, u just gotta find them, and sometimes haggle just a lil bit to get what you want. Ive been thru a couple car deals, and to be honest with u, the ones that seem to give you the best price up front without any haggle or very little are the ones that give great service, and make lifetime customers. But you have to do ur homework in order to know the best price you can get. It's got to the point my dealer has told me when I need a car skip everyone else and come straight to me (new car general manager), he said any car u want, color, options, I will only make only $200 off the deal and you really cant beat that deal. He brings us into his office and shows us what he bought the car for, and what hes gonna sell it to us for. We have tried other Nissan dealers and none of them are willing to go as low as Modern. I recommend any of the Modern Dealers. Been to Modern Nissan and Modern Toyota.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.