Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Nissan Versa Sedan with 37,000 miles

I'm starting to get that little wobble when braking. Which most likely means the rotors/pads are wearing. I know I probably have enough life to have the rotors simply re-ground. But that only seems to save me about 1/2 the cost of new rotors. And means my vehicle has to be down until they are done. Which would cost me a lot more $$$.

So I've got about 37,000 miles. Mostly highway, with some stop and go. But a section of my daily drive is through some back country winding roads.

How long do brakes on a Versa last on average. Is 40K reasonable based on my driving 10-15 minutes of winding roads daily? I know that the wear lifespan of brakes/rotors varies a lot based on roads driven, and driving style. Just want to make sure that 40K isn't unreasonable.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
stock brakes here and I'm at 127k miles. They started vibrating while breaking at about 120k. My pads have half life left.

I agree this is just warped rotors. Have them turned or buy a new pair.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think the pads aren't to worn. More so rotors warped.
yeah but if that's the case still will have to change the pads.

stock brakes here and I'm at 127k miles. They started vibrating while breaking at about 120k. My pads have half life left.

I agree this is just warped rotors. Have them turned or buy a new pair.
you are lucky to be able to turn rotors when they are not warped these days.

best bet, shop online with your local parts stores and check to see if they price mach part type for part type. (usually when its same quality part they will) I think the V requires Ceramic pads. make sure you do not go with anything but that. I made that mistake with my old car and the heat glazed the pads...
if you can do the work yourself... if not have a friend or family member who has done brakes before help. can be back on the road in about an hour if you know what you are doing..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just changed the rotors & pads on my Sienna. First time doing that myself. Changed that on my Prius with the help of a very knowledgeable friend. So I think I should be able to the Versa now.

Advanced Autoparts has a coupon code I believe. So might order if I can get for closer to a $100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.