Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV on Fortune Auto coilovers.
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been on a kick about upgrading the sound system in the Versa, and I've had a few recommendations to sound deaden the door/floor panels rather than starting off with a speaker or stereo upgrade. I don't mind the extra weight, I'm just not too sure if it's worth the trouble.

The car definitely isn't a Lexus --- it's a clumsy little four banger with little - if any - sound deadening where wind and road noise become unavoidable past 45 mph --- so it definitely would help; but, is it really worth the trouble over a stereo/speaker swap?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sound deadening pads will help, but not as much as better speakers and good, clean power to allow them to sound their best. And as you say, design priorities for the Versa were keeping it lightweight and affordable, versus offering a quiet ride or great sound reproduction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sound deadening pads will help, but not as much as better speakers and good, clean power to allow them to sound their best. And as you say, design priorities for the Versa were keeping it lightweight and affordable, versus offering a quiet ride or great sound reproduction.
I'm considering souping up my stereo and speakers, however I'm a noob.

My first thought was power consumption. If I got a 6 1/2" speaker set for the front doors and a new radio, I need to think about the power draw requirements.

Can I improve the power in? If so how? I naively imagined this part was the one bit I can't upgrade, and would have to keep within the limits set by the source, supplied by the car / battery.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You cannot improve the power being drawn from your car battery from the head unit. it's possible to increase the power to your speakers by using an amplifier, but that's a separate upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You cannot improve the power being drawn from your car battery from the head unit. it's possible to increase the power to your speakers by using an amplifier, but that's a separate upgrade.
yeah I feel if I'm going to put an amp in, I guess this would need it's own power source or a separate tap into the battery (no idea how that would work in practice in terms of overload).

Probably if I wanted an upgrade this much I should upgrade from a 2012 Nissan Versa!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Our cars are, for various reasons, noisy.
We can spend money trying to muffle outside noise, with mixed results, or just turning the radio volume up.
We did not buy a luxury car. The noise is there and it is just a reminder of the several tens of thousands of dollars we did not spend. It makes me smile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our cars are, for various reasons, noisy.
We can spend money trying to muffle outside noise, with mixed results, or just turning the radio volume up.
We did not buy a luxury car. The noise is there and it is just a reminder of the several tens of thousands of dollars we did not spend. It makes me smile.
I like it. Just spent some of that time I didn't have to work to pay off a luxury car. I was cycling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts