Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got Nissan Versa 1.6 CV recently and for last few days became worried a bit.
Temperature gauge on my car get almost to the half (7 lines out of 16) pretty fast - in about 10 minutes of steady, slow, city driving. As we live in Miami, air conditioning working all the time for cooling on I-II-III volume.

Do you think its ok? I asked few of my friends and was told that if it is less then a half gauge I am fine, but I am worried as it almost there.

How much temperature gauge shows on your car? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Half is typical running temp on most cars, as usually the middle of the scale is about 200C, which is operating temp for almost all engines.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My Sentra would run at a needle width below half gauge, 365 days a year. My Versa doesn't have a temp gauge though, must be nice!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Standard engineering practice when using analog gauges is for normal operation to show 1/2 range shown on the gauge. This is followed by most car companies on all gauges (except for the fuel gauge for obvious reasons). This setup allows the driver to do a quick scan at the gauges and know that everything is ok.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a ScanGauge in my car, and it looks like the standard operating water temp is around 190 degrees Fahrenheit for the Versa. Might be a bit higher in your car due to the CVT.

Reactions: Kadelic

·
Registered
226 Posts
Half is typical running temp on most cars, as usually the middle of the scale is about 200C, which is operating temp for almost all engines.
Hope you meant 200F, if a car is running 200C coolant temp, its time to pull over, if the motor hasnt seized already.

all of my cars sit right around 190F unless it's scorchingly hot, or I'm beating the piss out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.