Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Versa (Hatchback Special Edition)
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was looking around and coudln't find anything for Special Edition one. I found just regular hatchback and another with a mark named on the bottom-right with 'SL' but none of my version. My parents gave it to me when one of them bought a new BMW from a friend for a great deal. They said they will help me get my first car and i was wondering about my options for the selling the car to use it toward the new one.

Anyway, those hatchback and its SL version typically ran from 7k to even 9k, which was surprised to my assumption.

My first concern is I confirmed I have to replace my Fuel Pump which was estimated around $700 for parts and labors. Anyway, how much would a good/average maintain Speicla Edition would cost?

I forgot to mention, it has 81k mileage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There was no 2012 Versa hatchback special edition. Try kbb.com or edmunds to look up used car pricing in your area of the country.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Correction: the 2012 Versa HB special edition was a dealer marketing package. It doesn't really differ in any way (outside of the badges) from an SL-spec Versa, so used car pricing will not change.

Why are you replacing the fuel pump?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correction: the 2012 Versa HB special edition was a dealer marketing package. It doesn't really differ in any way (outside of the badges) from an SL-spec Versa, so used car pricing will not change.

Why are you replacing the fuel pump?
Hi dkmura,

I got a code P0463 which was scanned and determined in need of replacing fuel pump. It said something about Fuel Pump censor circuit and was told it's part of the fuel pump).

My car mileage is about 80k so i thought it was also about the time to replace it. (https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-FG1149-Fuel-Pump-Module/dp/B00IAL3MS8)

PS. I cleared the code twice but they both came back (which both were coded P0463).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's the description for P0463:

The P0463 code is triggered when your vehicle's powertrain control module (PCM) detects inaccurate fuel level readings from the fuel level sensor. As a result of this code, the check engine light is illuminated due to the fuel level sensor indicating there's more fuel in the tank than the tank can physically hold.

You might want a Nissan tech to check this out, as there's a couple of possibilities:
Some of the most common fixes for a P0463 code include:
  1. Repairing or replacing the fuel tank.
  2. Repairing or replacing the fuel level sensor float.
  3. Repairing or replacing the fuel level sensor.
  4. Replacing the wiring harness for the fuel level sensor.
  5. Tightening a loose connection in the fuel level sensor circuit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the description for P0463:

The P0463 code is triggered when your vehicle's powertrain control module (PCM) detects inaccurate fuel level readings from the fuel level sensor. As a result of this code, the check engine light is illuminated due to the fuel level sensor indicating there's more fuel in the tank than the tank can physically hold.

You might want a Nissan tech to check this out, as there's a couple of possibilities:
Some of the most common fixes for a P0463 code include:
  1. Repairing or replacing the fuel tank.
  2. Repairing or replacing the fuel level sensor float.
  3. Repairing or replacing the fuel level sensor.
  4. Replacing the wiring harness for the fuel level sensor.
  5. Tightening a loose connection in the fuel level sensor circuit.
Oh understood. I just made an appointment and i will be sure to get to the bottom of it prior to replacing anything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any results from your appointment?
Hello, sorry for late response dkmura

The guy said i have to pay $200 bucks for the circuit checking which kinda shocked me at the spot tbh. He told me since other lights haven't come up, circuits likely should be fine and i should just replace the fuel pump given my mileage (He told me it's replaced around 100k; mine is low 80k atm lol).

I decided to fix it over thanksgiving myself using a video over Thanksgiving break since i get time off from work. I bought a Delphi part for low 200 dollars and hope to just end it there (shops were quoting $600 bucks. Nissan dealership quoted $700 lol woah)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello, sorry for late response dkmura

The guy said i have to pay $200 bucks for the circuit checking which kinda shocked me at the spot tbh. He told me since other lights haven't come up, circuits likely should be fine and i should just replace the fuel pump given my mileage (He told me it's replaced around 100k; mine is low 80k atm lol).

I decided to fix it over thanksgiving myself using a video over Thanksgiving break since i get time off from work. I bought a Delphi part for low 200 dollars and hope to just end it there (shops were quoting $600 bucks. Nissan dealership quoted $700 lol woah)
Not sure what you mean by "circuit checking"? Accessing the onboard diagnostic system via the OBD2 port should only provide codes on trouble areas. Most Nissan dealerships will have techs who can use a diagnostic tree, or guide, to help them determine what's truly causing the problem. There's got to be more than what you were told, or understood.

Good luck on the fuel pump install. There's NO recommendations that it should be replaced at 100K. The fuel pump in my '07 Versa is almost 14 years old and is still the original.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The fuel pump in my '03 350Z is 18 years old and at 107K+ and has never been a problem either. Not saying they don't become defective, just that they are not a standard replacement part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts