Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought FRAM CF10709 from local WalMart, but could not install it. It was very firm and all the 4 sides are solid. Can someone suggest some other filter which is very flexible and easy to intall?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I bought FRAM CF10709 from local WalMart, but could not install it. It was very firm and all the 4 sides are solid. Can someone suggest some other filter which is very flexible and easy to intall?
We should delete that one from the opening thread then. Maybe we should put up a confirmed and not yet tested list so it's a buyer beware situation.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Did the part number on the filter itself match the one on the box? I've seen them switched out, just in the store the other day, but it was oil filters. A customer likely wanted to pay less for the filter wanted, and did a switcheroo :mad:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ahh, I was a bit worried about that, sorry you had to be the guinea pig on this.

If you look at the first (original) post on this tread, I listed a number of filters. If you stick with the regular (non carbon type) filters, you should be good. The regular filters are much less rigid and very easy to compress.

Again, do not use the ones noted with an asterisk.

I will edit the original post and make the necessary correction. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The ones that I have added to the list of cabin filters in a previous post that will work were physically verified by me. I just hit up all the local auto parts stores on my way home. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed the Fram CF10709 in my 2014 Versa Note and had no problem getting it in the slot, might need a pair of needle nose pliers to remove it later on. Just as a point of reference, my local Nissan dealer told me they still don't have a cabin air filter listed in their part system. Checked Part Source locally, same thing, nothing in their system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I popped off the door and got a number of 27277 1kk0a
I have Two 2015 Versa Notes(SR and SL) and the same filter in each. Interestingly though my dealer and Nissan USA has notified me, adamantly, that the 2015 Versa does not have a cabin air filter.

"Please be informed that we were advised by the experts from Nissan that the 2015 Nissan Versa is not equipped with an in-cabin filter."

I beg to differ and I question what their definition of "experts" is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nissan is asking $80 to do this for me. I paid 7.77 including shipping from RockAuto for a Pronto filter, and it was 5 minutes labor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same. They wanted I believe around $80 for the air filter and "cabin" filter. I gave them a bone for the air filter but stopped after that. If it wasn't for the free oil changes I'd never step foot at a dealer mechanic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info! I just checked my 15 s plus, had a filter in there, I pushed on it a little bit just to make sure Nissan didn't stick a piece of cardboard in there, felt behind it and could feel ridges and called it good. My buddy's 14 SV did not however, and we live in a dust-prone environment, awesome thread!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Applies to 2012 Nissan Versa SV (Sedan) also

For the 2012 Versa SV Sedan, I discovered the same thing and so glad I found your forum post. O'Reilly brings up another filter Microguard #3718 which is TOO BIG... So I'll be swapping it for the Kia/Hyundai one listed; the video of the Sentra shows the exact same housing as on my 2012 Versa, only difference is that it's behind the glove box (not by the gas pedal) which is easy to remove after finding the right and left bottom tabs to open for the two hidden screws--total of 8 screws to remove.
Thanks again! :smile

·
Registered
53 Posts
I checked our 2015 Versa Note this a.m. before the wife went to work, and mine does, in fact, have it installed from the factory.
Thanks for the heads-up thread discussing this issue. :thumb2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sweet. I'll have to add this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a note. I went to o'reilly auto parts and asked them what they had for a 2014 Nissan Versa Sedan. They gave me a MicroGard 3713.

It didn't fit directly but I cut off part of it and it fit. (I have to admit that I accidentally broke it trying to push it in so then I trimmed it.)

Unfortunately it leaves a slight gap up top. But I started the car up and ran the AC for a while to see if it leaked. It didn't.

I don't really recommend this filter since it didn't fit 100% perfectly but it was only $16.49 so I'm leaving it in. (Also since I broke it I'm stuck with it.)

Maybe it would work better for the Note..?

Also once it's in it has its own seal around it so you can't attach the cover back over it.

This was a bit longer post than I meant to make it but just giving a heads up for this one. It's also a strange looking filter.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Child's Play, based on input from forum members and my own research, NONE of the parts stores (Oreiley, Autozone, Advance, RockAuto. Amazon, etc) lists the proper part for the 2013-2015 Nissan Versa Sedan/Note cabin filter. I myself bought the one from Amazon and they sent me the part that you show on your picture which did not fit.

If you go by the part numbers listed on the page 1 of this tread, everyone who done so seem to have achieved success.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much for this thread! Just took delivery of a 2014 Note SV yesterday and installed the filter this morning. Took a little blind stumbling to get the door back on, but works well and I'm very happy.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thank you so much for this thread! Just took delivery of a 2014 Note SV yesterday and installed the filter this morning. Took a little blind stumbling to get the door back on, but works well and I'm very happy.
After you've done it a couple of times, replacing the door is fairly easy. Just make sure the top is properly located and secure (on its hook) then push the bottom pushed towards the filter and it should lock in place.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts