Nissan Versa Forums banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
...as for the 2015 Versa Note SV...

Compliments to the OP for the research. Must say though that a few of the named filters' dimensions DO NOT match the dimensions for the 2015.

I removed my filter (27277 1KK0A) and the dimensions were 7.97" x 9.03". Being that I had to contort it to remove it, I'd give or take 0.10"

A few of the filters listed, per the manufacturer specs are off by 0.25" or more. When you're talking air filtration, that is not good. Just because something fits "in" something doesn't mean they're perfect match... For example, a Les Paul will "fit" into a P-Bass case but, if you were to carry it to a gig, there's a decent chance that you'll open the case to a broken-necked guitar.

I would refer owners of the 2014 and 2015 models to this video. It has the proper orientation/location. https://youtu.be/uds8fUPj1u0

Frankly, I'm inspired to make one myself, a little more complete and detailed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates on this?

I was at the dealership a couple of months ago and they said they would need to change the cabin air filter on my 2014 Versa Note. I bought mine brand new in March of 2015, were there filters offered by Nissan at a later date?

I did check mine after reading this post, and sure enough the filter holder is empty... so I'm actually a little "peeved" that they said next service they need to replace my filter that was never installed in the first place! :incazzato: Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 2015 SL sedan, and my concerns is, there are several years mentioned, not sure what would apply to mine. Rockauto now lists 6 filters, are they all wrong?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I was at the dealership a couple of months ago and they said they would need to change the cabin air filter on my 2014 Versa Note. I bought mine brand new in March of 2015, were there filters offered by Nissan at a later date?

I did check mine after reading this post, and sure enough the filter holder is empty... so I'm actually a little "peeved" that they said next service they need to replace my filter that was never installed in the first place! :incazzato: Anyone else experience this?
From what information I've gathered from the forum, YES it appears that sometime during the 2015 MY, Nissan decided to put in a cabin filter in the cavity. Prior to that Nissan did not even list a part number for it. People here first reported the PN printed on the filter that was factory installed on their vehicle.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have the 2015 SL sedan, and my concerns is, there are several years mentioned, not sure what would apply to mine. Rockauto now lists 6 filters, are they all wrong?
Rockauto is usually very good but based on my personal experience, I would not trust Rockauto's (or Amazon's) information on this topic/filter. I'd go by the brands/PN listed on this thread.

·
Registered
80 Posts
FWIW, I removed the factory installed cabin air filter from my 2015 Note.

It was causing excess moisture to build up in the ducts, causing mold and mildew and the car was starting to stink.

I did an anti-mold duct flush last fall, and that helped, but the stink came back as soon as the weather started warming up.

Removed the air filter, flushed the ducts with anti-mold spray, and now the smell is gone.

I suspect the reason that many Versas didn't ship with the cabin air filters installed is because Nissan knows about the mildew problem building up in the ducts.

For those whose Versas did not come with the cabin air filter pre-installed, you might want to assess whether you're throwing money at a non-existent problem, or possibly, spending money to create one.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

It was causing excess moisture to build up in the ducts, causing mold and mildew and the car was starting to stink.

I did an anti-mold duct flush last fall, and that helped, but the stink came back as soon as the weather started warming up.

Removed the air filter, flushed the ducts with anti-mold spray, and now the smell is gone.

I suspect the reason that many Versas didn't ship with the cabin air filters installed is because Nissan knows about the mildew problem building up in the ducts.

For those whose Versas did not come with the cabin air filter pre-installed, you might want to assess whether you're throwing money at a non-existent problem, or possibly, spending money to create one.
I've had filters installed for 2 years now and haven't had a moisture problem. Of course I live in Michigan so conditions are different. However it also gets hot and humid here in the summer.

I wonder if you have a clogged A/C system drain problem?

Also, was the filter moist when you took it out? Just curious.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, thx for your help. my versa sedan 2014 mexican (assambled in guadalajara, mexico) not include a cabin air filter, but i put this carbon filter in Fram FreshBreeze CF10709 from Autozone, and works perfect
FRAM - Part Details

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had filters installed for 2 years now and haven't had a moisture problem. Of course I live in Michigan so conditions are different. However it also gets hot and humid here in the summer.

I wonder if you have a clogged A/C system drain problem?

Also, was the filter moist when you took it out? Just curious.
I had the dealership remove it, so I don't know if it was moist or not. I should have checked. The smell is starting to come back, so I probably need to have the dealer check and see if the drainage holes are draining properly. The dealership where I bought the car has a horrible service department. I have started taking it across town to a different dealer for service, they seem better, but I haven't asked them about this particular issue yet.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Can you please tell what kind of spray you used and how to do it as I guess I have the same issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a 2014 Versa Note S+. I bought a filter from Glendale Nissan here in Glendale, California, last October. The filter that they gave me was the one that they have listed for the 2012 Versa sedan, part #999M1-VS007. I put it in my car but it was too big; even when I squished it to fit it through the opening, it bulged out of the opening. I took it back to the dealer but they insisted that it is the right filter. They told me that their service department uses that filter part number when they install filters for Versa Notes; they said to just stuff it in.

Well, I put it in again. It still bulged out of the opening but I shoved it in there and placed the door/cover back in place. It's been running in there ever since. I'll leave it in there until it hits 45,000 miles; it had about 30,000 miles when I put it in. If the filter is dirty by then, then I'll know that it filtered at least some of the dirt/contaminants in the air.

Compliments to the OP for the research. Must say though that a few of the named filters' dimensions DO NOT match the dimensions for the 2015.

I removed my filter (27277 1KK0A) and the dimensions were 7.97" x 9.03". Being that I had to contort it to remove it, I'd give or take 0.10"

A few of the filters listed, per the manufacturer specs are off by 0.25" or more. When you're talking air filtration, that is not good. Just because something fits "in" something doesn't mean they're perfect match... For example, a Les Paul will "fit" into a P-Bass case but, if you were to carry it to a gig, there's a decent chance that you'll open the case to a broken-necked guitar.
As I mentioned above, filter part #999M1-VS007 is not a perfect fit in the compartment. This means that air can possibly flow around the filter rather than through it. Just because it can be stuffed in there doesn't mean that it's a perfect fit. It's too bad that people have their Versa sedans/Versa Notes serviced at this dealership and that they don't know that the filter is not a perfect fit.

Also, some people have mentioned that their 2015 Versa (Note) has a filter already installed when they purchased their car brand new. The filter part # is 27277 1KK0A. Last September/October, I went to a couple local dealerships (Surf City Nissan in Huntington Beach, CA, and Glendale Nissan) and they did not carry this part. This is why I bought the 999M1-VS007 instead.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I had the dealership remove it, so I don't know if it was moist or not. I should have checked. The smell is starting to come back, so I probably need to have the dealer check and see if the drainage holes are draining properly. The dealership where I bought the car has a horrible service department. I have started taking it across town to a different dealer for service, they seem better, but I haven't asked them about this particular issue yet.

Thanks for the advice!
I just replaced my cabin filter 2 weeks ago since my car turned 2 years old and it is bone dry, no moisture whatsoever.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
....Well, I put it in again. It still bulged out of the opening but I shoved it in there and placed the door/cover back in place. It's been running in there ever since. I'll leave it in there until it hits 45,000 miles; it had about 30,000 miles when I put it in. If the filter is dirty by then, then I'll know that it filtered at least some of the dirt/contaminants in the air.

As mentioned in the quote above, filter part #999M1-VS007 is not a perfect fit in the compartment. This means that air can possibly flow around the filter rather than through it. Just because it can be stuffed in there doesn't mean that it's a perfect fit. I feel for people who had their cars serviced at this dealership and whether they know that the filter is not a perfect fit.

Also, some people have mentioned that their 2015 Versa (Note) has a filter already installed when they purchased their car brand new. The filter part # is 27277 1KK0A. Last September/October, I went to a couple local dealerships (Surf City Nissan in Huntington Beach, CA, and Glendale Nissan) and they did not carry this part. This is why I bought the 999M1-VS007 instead.
I've used this one successfully for the past 2 years on my 2014 Note sourced from AMZ, about 1/2 price of the OEM filter:

I know for sure it fits and works since has evidence of trapped dust and debris when I take it out.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
No way in Hell I'd add a cabin air filter to my Note, the poor HVAC blower struggles to move enough air as it is.

...or maybe my car has one and I should take it out. Hmm.
If you have a late 2015 Note, chances are you have a filter installed.

I was actually expecting a significant drop in airflow after I installed a filter (after I experienced it when I installed a filter on my Jeep), but to my surprise, I hardly noticed the difference.

My AC performance is fairly adequate. I'm more PO'd about the unsatisfactory heater performance which is inadequate in snow belt states. To me blower volume output is OK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FRAM

Here is a link for the cabin filter CF10545 for our Versas.
Are you a 2013 Versa owner as your screen name indicates or are you a 2015 Versa Note owner as your signature states?

That filter pictured does not fit in the 2015 Versa Note SV that I own. I had it and ended up returning it. That is what Napa had on their computer as the compatible filter... In fact, an employee had the 2015 V Note SR and we all went back and the manager (who was going to charge me a 20% restock fee) waived it when he saw how impossible it was to put in the slot.

By the way, All glories to Bob.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts