Nissan Versa Forums banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
By the way... Though the filter TYC 800029P (Hyundai/Kia replacement) fits snugly in my 2015 Versa Note SV (OEM filter 27277 1KK0A), the direction of the accordion fold is incorrect and makes it very difficult to install. I recommend against this filter because of that. The accordion fold is vertical when a horizontal fold would squeeze down better to enter through the opening.

This filter does a great job with the pollutant removal, other than smelling better in the car, it is visibly darker than the OEM 27277 1KK0A filter in 1/4 the mileage already. Same route driven religiously, no new construction along the way. The route is the I-5 near a waste water processing, lagoons, the ocean, and a natural gas-burning power plant.

One of the problems with this thread is vague conveyances.

·
Registered
66 Posts
" " Are you a 2013 Versa owner as your screen name indicates or are you a 2015 Versa Note owner as your signature states?

That filter pictured does not fit in the 2015 Versa Note SV that I own. I had it and ended up returning it. That is what Napa had on their computer as the compatible filter... In fact, an employee had the 2015 V Note SR and we all went back and the manager (who was going to charge me a 20% restock fee) waived it when he saw how impossible it was to put in the slot.

By the way, All glories to Bob." "

This is my second Versa. I liked my first one so much that I traded it for a new one last October.

About the filter not fitting...then FRAMs numbers must be wrong. But their website told me that is what will fit our Versas. My 2015 came new with a filter, I'll pull it and take it in with me to see if it matches when I change it. Here are the dimensions along with my post in another thread about cabin filters:

The correct FRAM part number for our Notes is CF10545, not CF10709 or CF10140 as posted earlier in this thread. CF10709 is for various Hyundais, while CF10140 has Infiniti, Mitsubishi and some Nissan fitments, but the Note (and Versa sedan) is not listed in the choices.

CF10545
Height 1.412
Length 8.183
Width 9.417

CF10140 specs:
Height 1.182
Length 8.589
Width 7.88

CF10709 specs:
Height 0.67
Length 8.786
Width 7.998

I'm at a loss. The FRAM air filter fits correctly. Nissan offered to change my cabin filter at my last oil change and I demurred figuring I could do it myself.

Praise his sweet name

·
Registered
20 Posts
The original post hasn't been updated since 2014, and I don't see any replies saying what worked for the 2015 sedan. Anyone have any info specific to it?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
FRAM

Here is a link for the cabin filter CF10545 for our Versas.
The filter pictured (includes a plastic piece attached to it) is incorrect and will not fit. Same with other numbers listed by Rockauto and other retailers.

The proper filter is pure paper, no plastic door or plastic piece attached.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
By the way... Though the filter TYC 800029P (Hyundai/Kia replacement) fits snugly in my 2015 Versa Note SV (OEM filter 27277 1KK0A), the direction of the accordion fold is incorrect and makes it very difficult to install. I recommend against this filter because of that. The accordion fold is vertical when a horizontal fold would squeeze down better to enter through the opening.

This filter does a great job with the pollutant removal, other than smelling better in the car, it is visibly darker than the OEM 27277 1KK0A filter in 1/4 the mileage already. Same route driven religiously, no new construction along the way. The route is the I-5 near a waste water processing, lagoons, the ocean, and a natural gas-burning power plant.

One of the problems with this thread is vague conveyances.

I understand that the pleats of the cabin filter I suggested is in the wrong direction. I personally did not have any problem installing it. Just make sure it is oriented properly for maximum effectiveness. The filter pops into place once it is inside the cavity.

The vagueness in this tread is because of a number of factors:
1. Nissan for 2 years, did not release a filter for the 2013-14-15 Sedan/2014-15 Note even if the filter cavity is on the HVAC box.
2. ALL parts stores including Amazon who listed a part for these cars had the wrong part for it. They typically listed the part for the previous gen Versa.
3. Nissan finally installed filters on the 2015 MY mid-year but never published that you can use the same part for the earlier MY cars.
4. It appears even the Nissan parts people did not know what was going on at the factory when they started installing filters.

I started this tread after spending a lot of time looking for a proper sized filter that would fit the filter cavity. The biggest problem is that most people do not take the time to read the tread, ending up buying the wrong part and start complaining about it.

With the Nissan part now available for these cars, for most people its probably best to get the part from Nissan directly unless you want to save money and pay less than 1/2 price for a similar filter (one of the ones I listed at the start of this tread).

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The original post hasn't been updated since 2014, and I don't see any replies saying what worked for the 2015 sedan. Anyone have any info specific to it?
AFAIK 2013-14-15 Sedans and 2014-15 Notes all have the same HVAC systems, which mean what's discussed here should work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
With the Nissan part now available for these cars, for most people its probably best to get the part from Nissan directly unless you want to save money and pay less than 1/2 price for a similar filter (one of the ones I listed at the start of this tread).
Apparently you can't buy direct from nissan, parts go through dealers only. I've been reluctant to order it from the local dealer for a couple of reasons.
1. With the confusion, how do I know they even know what fits.
2. They charge too much. website shows Lookup Code 27274L Part Number 27278-1KK0A, which is out of stock
3. My sister tried getting some parts for her rogue: some basic body panel clips, the ones that hold the plastic panel underneath the radiator on, on the side towards the engine, and a license plate bulb. We'd seen the panel was loose, but she was taking it in for maintenance, instead of offering to fix, they just told her what was wrong, including the bulb. I found the right parts on their site, she ordered, and a month later got an email saying they couldn't fill the order, with no explanation. Both those parts I'd think would be in a bulk bin at any nissan dealer, with identical parts at several other non-nissan dealers, since they'd be the same on other makes of cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh, and the cabin air filter should be trivially easy at least on the 2015 sedan, my sister's rogue, it's a similar position, but the opening is on the driver's side, meaning the accelerator pedal is in the way.
Even if you remove that, which is a step in service manuals, which isn't easy with the angle on one of the nuts that has to be removed, the stud that the accelerator was attached to is still in the way, you have to collapse the pleats and twist some to get it in, leaving creases and possibly still collapsed pleats when it's installed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh, and the cabin air filter should be trivially easy at least on the 2015 sedan, my sister's rogue, it's a similar position, but the opening is on the driver's side, meaning the accelerator pedal is in the way.
Even if you remove that, which is a step in service manuals, which isn't easy with the angle on one of the nuts that has to be removed, the stud that the accelerator was attached to is still in the way, you have to collapse the pleats and twist some to get it in, leaving creases and possibly still collapsed pleats when it's installed.
The cabin air filter compartment/cavity in the Versa Note/2nd gen Versa Sedan is not among Nissan's brighter innovations; it's a terrible design. It's really a letdown since I love just about everything else with my car. This is, by far, the most cumbersome cabin filter installation process among any car that my family and I have owned. I just changed the cabin filter in my wife's 2015 Kia Soul a few months ago and it was so easy. I don't recall off the top of my head but I believe it was at the top of the glove compartment; I don't think I had to push in the side tabs of the glove compartment to lower it more than it normally does so I don't think the cabin filter was behind the glove compartment.

I'm guessing Nissan designed it that way to increase interior space for passengers or to reduce weight.:shrug:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Apparently you can't buy direct from nissan, parts go through dealers only. I've been reluctant to order it from the local dealer for a couple of reasons.
Some Nissan dealers do DO online sales. This is great for us that live far away, I ordered my wiper refills from CourtesyParts.

CourtesyParts | Genuine OEM Nissan Parts & Accessories

Just installed the FRAM Breeze CF10545 (in a early 2014 Versa Note)

At first I thought: "darn got the wrong filter" but after some massaging I was able to slip it in, the ink printing on the filter edge faces out toward the opening, and it popped open inside the enclosure.

I will need to use needle nose pliers to remove it! The opening is not as big as the cavity!

I see no reason to run any filter, if it does not have carbon/baking soda to freshen the air.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered the pronto PC4684, since it was the cheapest one I could find, at 4.43 plus shipping at rockauto. That's over $25 less than the dealer price for the part.
I open the filter cover, and there is a filter there now!
I had investigated before, and there was no filter, just an open space. At my last service, the dealer offered to change the filter, but I declined, "knowing" that there wasn't one there to change out, and that it would be that list price, plus whatever they charge for labor on it.
At one of the last couple of services, they must have put in the filter without charging for it.
I'd have put in the pronto filter, since the nissan one is dirty, the size looks close, but the vertical accordion fold, like on the TYK one mentioned above in post 61, means it would be real hard to get in. Just getting the nissan one back in is hard enough, with the opening being several inches smaller than the filter.
Now I want to figure out how to tell when there are aftermarket filters actually made for the versa.

On installation, it does take a lot of squeezing, but at least it doesn't require the bending in addition that my sister's rogue takes with the drivers side access.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you have a late 2015 Note, chances are you have a filter installed.

I was actually expecting a significant drop in airflow after I installed a filter (after I experienced it when I installed a filter on my Jeep), but to my surprise, I hardly noticed the difference.

My AC performance is fairly adequate. I'm more PO'd about the unsatisfactory heater performance which is inadequate in snow belt states. To me blower volume output is OK.
My Note is actually technically a 2014 since production was 05/14 so who knows.

I just know the AC is totally bleh on this car... I'm starting to ponder if the refrigerant was filled correctly, go to Harbor Freight, get a vacuum pump, evac and put a vacuum on the system and fill it with some high quality refrigerant + Ice32 additive.

It just feels like it should be stronger than it is. Even my Mirage had better A/C, and likely with a smaller compressor since it only had a miserable little 3 cylinder engine to get the car rolling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Note is actually technically a 2014 since production was 05/14 so who knows.

I just know the AC is totally bleh on this car... I'm starting to ponder if the refrigerant was filled correctly, go to Harbor Freight, get a vacuum pump, evac and put a vacuum on the system and fill it with some high quality refrigerant + Ice32 additive.

It just feels like it should be stronger than it is. Even my Mirage had better A/C, and likely with a smaller compressor since it only had a miserable little 3 cylinder engine to get the car rolling.
My suspicion is that if it's operating as designed, it was intentionally designed to be barely adequate. I've not yet had any serious problems, but it never really catches up with the heat coming in the glass when the temp reaches 100°F or higher.
I use a window shade, and recently got one that goes outside the windshield, that makes a big difference in heating while parked, it's completely opaque, and outside the glass. I just don't use it all the time because if it's windy the wind lifts it, and it takes an extra minute or two to put up that I sometimes don't have. I've also started always rolling all 4 windows down right after starting up, only takes the first minute or less of driving to dump the overheated air in the car when it's moving even less than 10 mph.
I was concerned that the air filter was left out due to the fan being barely adequate, and that adding it would reduce flow unacceptably, but since the dealer put one in free without saying anything, I stopped worrying about it, since I don't have an objective way to measure that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Some Nissan dealers do DO online sales. This is great for us that live far away, I ordered my wiper refills from CourtesyParts.

CourtesyParts | Genuine OEM Nissan Parts & Accessories

Just installed the FRAM Breeze CF10545 (in a early 2014 Versa Note)

At first I thought: "darn got the wrong filter" but after some massaging I was able to slip it in, the ink printing on the filter edge faces out toward the opening, and it popped open inside the enclosure.

I will need to use needle nose pliers to remove it! The opening is not as big as the cavity!

I see no reason to run any filter, if it does not have carbon/baking soda to freshen the air.
Just thown this filter into the TRASH... The filter was getting wet, and would not dry out, causing musty air!!!

Pulled filter out and it was deformed from dampness. No filter for me. :(

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Just thown this filter into the TRASH... The filter was getting wet, and would not dry out, causing musty air!!!

Pulled filter out and it was deformed from dampness. No filter for me. :(
You may have another issue with your HVAC system, maybe the condensate drain is plugged on your car. The 2 filters I've installed and removed the past 2 years are bone dry and if you're from Chicagoland area, we should have similar weather conditions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just checked for a filter in my just bought 2016 versa s base model. It's there! And easy peasy to access. Right under glove box towards left foot when sitting. The access door is opened just by pulling on the bottom of the door where these two pipe looking things wrap under the access door. Getting the door back in was challenging but u just have to push the top part in first then push up then snap bottom of door over the bottom of the access port. Nowhere on my window sticker does it say it comes with the in cabin filter. But mine did. And it's a nissan part. Not sure of the number but I saw nissan printed on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cabin Filter part number Request

Just checked for a filter in my just bought 2016 versa s base model. It's there! And easy peasy to access. Right under glove box towards left foot when sitting. The access door is opened just by pulling on the bottom of the door where these two pipe looking things wrap under the access door. Getting the door back in was challenging but u just have to push the top part in first then push up then snap bottom of door over the bottom of the access port. Nowhere on my window sticker does it say it comes with the in cabin filter. But mine did. And it's a nissan part. Not sure of the number but I saw nissan printed on it.
Silverflash,

Could you remove the filter and get part number from the filter and post it on this thread?

Thank you very much,
do328310

·
Registered
147 Posts
1. With the confusion, how do I know they even know what fits.
2. They charge too much. website shows Lookup Code 27274L Part Number 27278-1KK0A, which is out of stock
3. My sister tried getting some parts for her rogue: some basic body panel clips, the ones that hold the plastic panel underneath the radiator on, on the side towards the engine, and a license plate bulb. We'd seen the panel was loose, but she was taking it in for maintenance, instead of offering to fix, they just told her what was wrong, including the bulb. I found the right parts on their site, she ordered, and a month later got an email saying they couldn't fill the order, with no explanation. Both those parts I'd think would be in a bulk bin at any nissan dealer, with identical parts at several other non-nissan dealers, since they'd be the same on other makes of cars.
Where did you get part number 27278-1KK0A? The other posts on this forum showed pictures of the cabin filter installed from the factory as 27277-1KK0A.

I didn't find 27277-1KK0A on eBay or Amazon but I did find 27278-1KK0A. On eBay, 27278-1KK0A is going for $6.95 (non-OEM) and $26.99 (OEM). To add more to the confusion, one of the pictures in the eBay item listing for the OEM filter shows part number 27277-1KK0A even though the item listing title shows 27278-1KK0A. Are both part numbers for the same filter?

I sent a message to that eBay seller asking about the differing part numbers. I'll provide an update if I hear back from the seller.

UPDATE: I haven't heard back from the eBay seller but I did find 27278-1KK0A on nissanpartsdeal.com for $23.56. It shows that this part is for the 2014-2016 Versa sedan; it is not listed under the Versa Note. I did not find 27277-1KK0A at all on nissanpartsdeal.com.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Where did you get part number 27278-1KK0A? The other posts on this forum showed pictures of the cabin filter installed from the factory as 27277-1KK0A.

I didn't find 27277-1KK0A on eBay or Amazon but I did find 27278-1KK0A. On eBay, 27278-1KK0A is going for $6.95 (non-OEM) and $26.99 (OEM). To add more to the confusion, one of the pictures in the eBay item listing for the OEM filter shows part number 27277-1KK0A even though the item listing title shows 27278-1KK0A. Are both part numbers for the same filter?

I sent a message to that eBay seller asking about the differing part numbers. I'll provide an update if I hear back from the seller.

UPDATE: I haven't heard back from the eBay seller but I did find 27278-1KK0A on nissanpartsdeal.com for $23.56. It shows that this part is for the 2014-2016 Versa sedan; it is not listed under the Versa Note. I did not find 27277-1KK0A at all on nissanpartsdeal.com.
The eBay seller says that both part numbers are for the same filter. Part #27278-1KK0A is a newer part number. Part #27277-1KK0A is an old part number.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry I didn't keep up here, I'd got the number off the filter currently installed in my 2015 Versa SV. It's the one the dealer must have installed without telling me.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts