Nissan Versa Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

I thought I would post some info for Canadian Versa Note owners. I have a 2015 Nissan Versa Note SV (my second versa) and ran into all the same problems as everyone else with the FRAM filter not fitting etc. Unfortunately, Nissan doesn't make it easy for Canadians to order OEM parts from their website and we don't have the same great auto stores like O'Reilly's (at least not where I'm located). The exchange rate isn't in any Canadian's best interest to order online from an American auto parts company, either. So, today I went down to my local dealer and asked the parts department for a cabin air filter. It cost me $44.44 CAD and I wrestled it right into it's slot. Hopefully the interior won't be so dusty anymore.

Here's a photo of the part # because its different than the one Americans have posted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,

I am quite happy to put one of Rockauto but it is not a Nissan OEM.

I never have a car with a filter but i can not see difference if you can drive with a cabin filter.

So for me It is not too important to run without one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa S MT Sedan
Posting from: United States
Original part: Nissan 27277-1KK0A
Attempted replacement part: Denso 4536005

The Denso is roughly the same dimensions as the Nissan 27277-1KK0A however one side of the filter is longer than the other and compared to the original filter the pleats in the medium are running the wrong direction. It doesn't appear like it'll fit so I'm returning it to the supplier.

I've ordered a WIX WP10277 (Original Equipment Part Number: 272781KK0A) to see if it works and will hopefully post an update.

I had previously ordered a Purolator C25877 because Amazon said it was compatible with my car. The C25877 is the filter style with the black plastic on the ends and is too small.

Beware, I've also seen these listed as compatible for the 2015 Nissan Versa but they appear to be the same as the Purolator C25877: PENTIUS PHB5877 UltraFLOW (Versa Base Model; MFI; Engine VIN C), TYC 800101P (Versa Base Model; Location: Glove Box), HASTINGS FILTERS AFC1506 (Versa Base Model; Engine VIN C), WIX 24829 {#27891EL00A, CF10545} (Versa Base Model; Original Equipment Part Number: 27891EL00A), FRAM CF10545 {#27891EC00A, 27891EL000A, 27891EL00A} Fresh Breeze.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I notice the interior of my car is a lot less dusty when I have a cabin air filter. Where I live (Victoria, BC), there are a TON of flowers and so it helps with seasonal allergies and airbourne mould etc...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed FRAM C10709 that i got from walmart. It was a little stiff due to it being a charcoal type filter but it worked for sure. This is a viable option to use with the 2014 nissan versa sedan. I will try the others when the time comes, but for now I will use this one. It seems I will be needing pliers to change it, but no big problems with it.

-gacastillo21

·
Registered
147 Posts
The eBay seller says that both part numbers are for the same filter. Part #27278-1KK0A is a newer part number. Part #27277-1KK0A is an old part number.
I bought OEM filter 27278-1KK0A from eBay a couple months back. I took out the 999M1-VS007 filter that I previously installed and put in the 27278-1KK0A. Although I had been able to shove the 999M1 filter in the compartment, it wasn't a perfect fit; it was too wide so the filter was bent, allowing air to flow around it rather than through it.

The 27278 filter seems to fit nice and snug in the compartment well. I had to squeeze it to fit through the opening (the opening is smaller than the height of the filter compartment) but it popped back into shape once it was fully inserted into the compartment. I gave it a wiggle up and down and then forward and backwards and it's pretty snug.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Read this thread, popped the hatch and saw I had one in the compartment. 2016 S Sedan. Dealer quoted 85 bucks to change it. Couldnt find the filter locally. Ordered ECOGARD XC10475 on amazon got it 2 days later for under 14 bucks.

2 way to install it, but neither require tampering with the glove box.

One way is to go like you are doing a push up in the passenger side floor well with your legs out sideways parallel to the door. Then reach up with your right arm and pop the lid off from the bottom. Then finger inside the fiter front or back and hook it out as its bigger than the opening.

Another way is to sit on the door sil facing the rear of the car with filter and or hatch in the passenger seat. Then lay back on your back and use your left hand over your head to handle it. I ended up laying on my right side and fighting it as at first it would stick out an inch. I went and checked it with the filter I removed to make sure it was the same size. Yup, same size. >:D

So crumpled it up sideways and jammed it in the slot and it popped open inside the hvac compartment. Then I had to pivot the hatch on the top area before it would latch at the bottom and hold. It took a few times as it was loose fitting and wiggling it made it pop off.

Sure hope the arrow is pointment in the right direction when I was done with it. :surprise

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a 14 Versa Note SL (a rarity I've noticed, as all the Versa Notes I'm seeing on the road are only SV... We have literally all the options possible on this car) used about a year ago. If I recall correctly from the Carfax, I'm the second owner.

My Versa doesn't have the door, but does have the air filter slot. I went into the Nissan dealership just to get an idea of what filter was in there, and apparently the previous owner had put in the 1st Gen versa filter in the slot (which comes with its own door/frame part attached to the filter itself).

So that's also a possibility for people.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I bought a 14 Versa Note SL (a rarity I've noticed, as all the Versa Notes I'm seeing on the road are only SV... We have literally all the options possible on this car) used about a year ago. If I recall correctly from the Carfax, I'm the second owner.

My Versa doesn't have the door, but does have the air filter slot. I went into the Nissan dealership just to get an idea of what filter was in there, and apparently the previous owner had put in the 1st Gen versa filter in the slot (which comes with its own door/frame part attached to the filter itself).

"does not have the door"?... so air comes out of the cabin air filter opening? If so, not a lot of air will come out of the dash vents or the front defroster. If there is no air blowing out, then I would suspect the door is in place or someone taped up the opening.

The first gen filter you are talking about (with the integrated door) WILL NOT fit the Note, not even close. Believe me I tried! Ended up throwing the filter away.

BTW, I just replaced my filter for the 4th time. Ended up getting it from RockAuto this time. Around $10 shipped (ATP CF-102).

·
Registered
12 Posts

"does not have the door"?... so air comes out of the cabin air filter opening? If so, not a lot of air will come out of the dash vents or the front defroster. If there is no air blowing out, then I would suspect the door is in place or someone taped up the opening.

The first gen filter you are talking about (with the integrated door) WILL NOT fit the Note, not even close. Believe me I tried! Ended up throwing the filter away.

BTW, I just replaced my filter for the 4th time. Ended up getting it from RockAuto this time. Around $10 shipped (ATP CF-102).
If I didn't have anything in there then yes the air would come out. But the filter fits in the spot where the filter should be...

And mine doesn't have this https://youtu.be/rMfYa3mrais

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
... And mine doesn't have this
Hard to believe that Nissan would have 2 different designs for the same model year but if you don't have that removable L-shaped door, then I cannot argue with you.

So, just to confirm (and satisfy my curiosity), are you saying that on your 2014 Note you have a cabin filter but it uses one that has the integrated plastic door?

Also, the video link you included is exactly what I have in my car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
... And mine doesn't have this
Hard to believe that Nissan would have 2 different designs for the same model year but if you don't have that removable L-shaped door, then I cannot argue with you.

So, just to confirm (and satisfy my curiosity), are you saying that on your 2014 Note you have a cabin filter but it uses one that has the integrated plastic door?

Also, the video link you included is exactly what I have in my car.
Yes, there was a filter in that slot, however it was the one that uses the integrated plastic door. There's also a plastic end that's perpendicular to the door (maybe it's a bottom piece?). For it to fit, I just had to put the plastic part that isn't the door facing upwards (and move the wiring that goes to the vanity lighting).

I also bought the car used, so my guess is the previous owner either put that filter in there themselves or a shop did it. I might just make a door for it, so then I can use the "more correct" filter.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I have ordered 2 filters for my 2016 sedan from amazon. One had a plastic handle on it that partly held the element on 3 sides. It wouldnt fit. The one I ended up using was just a square paper/fabric like one that was flexible. Then you crumple it up to fit it inside and it expands to fill the opening and you pop off and put the plastic cap back on it.

No glovebox removal required. I just got down on my hands and chest in the passenger side floor and operated it on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just one more filter that fits 2014 versa S. It appears to be a new filter made by Fram. It is a Fram Fresh Breeze #CF12237 . It is carbon activated with baking soda and cost $22 at Walmart. It was not difficult to install(I did remove the glove box though) and it fits perfectly. I added it under MyCarfax so I will have it on record with my other maintenance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just threw a $6 eBay CAF in my 2015 Versa S. It looked and felt just like the Nissan CAF it replaced. Just cleaner LOL.

Pretty sure my father-in-law pays the Nissan dealer $60 a pop to have his changed on their Rogue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
And ebay is where I will be getting my next one for sure. Thanks for the info. My local dealer charges $43 for the filter alone. They say they are very proud of their filter.

·
Registered
167 Posts
And ebay is where I will be getting my next one for sure. Thanks for the info. My local dealer charges $43 for the filter alone. They say they are very proud of their filter.
It is for sure a good source for CAFs and a fraction of the cost of parts stores. The only time I ran into an issue with a eBay/mail-order CAF was with a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe I owned years ago. The no-name CAF I ordered didn't fit quite right. I've since bought them for Subarus, Hondas, Nissans, Ram, etc.. without issue.

What sucks about Nissan CAFs is they're a once and done filter given the way you have to squish them to get them in the housing and they typically tear on the way out. You can't really pull them out, vacuum them off and re-use them like you can with most vehicle CAFs, where their a rigid design.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2013 Versa 1.6 S and there is an opening like pictured but there is no door/bracket. Do I just use the paper filter or the one that they sell with the black plastic?

81 - 100 of 100 Posts