Nissan Versa Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who want to change out the stock horn from the (beep-beep) for a better sounding horn (trumpet), this is for you!
DIY step by step for aftermarket horn installation. This is off the 2007 Nissan Service Manual. The 08+ model only has one horn and that is on the driver side.

The tricky part is removing the clips from the plastic assembly. It's recommended to use two flat head screwdrivers. When you put them back in, remember to pull the heads outward before putting it back in the sockets.
Under the hood, there is plenty of room for a bigger aftermarket horn, I just wanted to go for something simple. When connecting the aftermarket horn there are two wires to connect, green and black wires. The green is the ground wire and connects on the left side of the horn and the black wire is for the current. It took me about 5 minutes or so to hook it up. But took a while to pop the connectors back on. I hope this will help all of you out that is looking forward to the horn mod.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a reminder, only the 2007 model year has two horns, one on the left and the right side behind the grille. When you replace them, use a low and high tone horn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.