Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
While this technically is against the rules since I didn't write this how to. Nor is this even a complete how to I feel this information is necessary to Versa owners and should be on here. When someone actually does a how to for the fuel pump or pressure regulator I will modify this thread.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I did the repair today! Here's the video diy I did. Might help some people out, since the service bulliten only covers how to swap the part, and not how to remove the pump and whatnot.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I did the repair today! Here's the video diy I did. Might help some people out, since the service bulliten only covers how to swap the part, and not how to remove the pump and whatnot.

Nissan Versa Fuel Pressure Regulator Repair! - YouTube
Great Video... Thanks for taking the time and putting it together. From the video,I see that the metal ring is a real problem to remove. Would you recommend using a pair of vice grips and bending the bent tabs as much in a vertical position? Not sure if this will damage them. Then on the re-install, set the ring 50 percent and then curl over the tabs with the hammer and screw driver. Then finish the rotation of the tabs with the screw driver and hammer. What are your thoughts? I have not done the install, so I have no real hands on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great vid and how-to tutorial. With me owning a 2011, I'm hoping Nissan fixed this issue. BTW, what's up with the orange red colored nail polish on your thumbs? :woot:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
\Would you recommend using a pair of vice grips and bending the bent tabs as much in a vertical position? Not sure if this will damage them. Then on the re-install, set the ring 50 percent and then curl over the tabs with the hammer and screw driver. Then finish the rotation of the tabs with the screw driver and hammer. What are your thoughts?
It was easy enough once I got them bent out of the way, but it was a little more difficult to bend them back into place. No matter how you do it, I think it'd be a PITA.

BTW, what's up with the orange red colored nail polish on your thumbs? :woot:
hahahaha. I fell asleep hanging out with some friends a couple nights before, so they took advantage of the situation and painted my thumbs. luckily, the gasoline ate away most of it :thumb2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuel Regulator or Pump?????

Nissan Versa Fuel Pressure Regulator Repair! - YouTube
Thanks for posting this video. I may have to perform a diy on my 2008 nissan versa so it will be nice to refer back to this video. I've had the car for 4 years and never had any starting problems until this weekend. The car has 62500 miles on it. it wont start at all. Do you think it may be the regulator or do I need the complete fuel pump? Is there someway to tell?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you get the replacement FPR? I have searched on line for an aftermarket part but no luck so far. I am reluctant to buy the Nissan part 'cause they made the faulty one in the first place.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
had to get mine from Nissan, not aware of any other source

1 - 10 of 10 Posts