Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone said to me it couldn't be done but I did indeed fix the LED's. The LED's are conneccted to a circuit board with the 3 LED's connected together so if one short circuits they all shut off. Thats the problem that we are all having with them.

Tools Needed:
1.Phillips head screw driver
2.Sodering gun
3.4 pin LED (sold at RadioShack for like $2.25)

What is really cool about this is you can change the LED to any color you want. Theres pink for females and theres ever changing color LED's. The new LED I installed doesn't match match 100% to the other 2 its like 80% match but at night you cant even tell when they are all on.

Also I noticed when I tried to adjust the projector via adjustment screw it did nothing so in here it also shows how to fix it. (I traded my OEM's for used projectors so thats why it was broken, the other owner broke it)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Very nice! How did you get the lens off? I tried to remove it before but i think it was glued on or something

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Versa09 does nither of them work right now? when you take the lense off there is a white plug that connects ur halos to that mysteryous black box on our projectors. U might want to check the black box because controls both LEDs and Halo eyes.

@ Ajax Mine was glued also by the previous owner so i have to take a flat head screw driver to pry it open lil by lil. Just keep moving the flat head around on all sides to pry it open. Also dont forget to take the metal clips on it off. That is if you have them. And when u take it off and put the lense back on make sure you remove the glue that was on there b4 cause if you dont youu wont have a good seal.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ Versa09 I just rememebred when i put my passenger side projector back on the LEDs and halo eyes wouldnt turn on so there is a plug that plugs into the LEDs from our normal harness. you can pull off the top part of the connector on the harness and there will be two lil copper wires bent in a U shape from wat you pulled the connector from and there are suppose to touch a metal clip on the connector and if they dont they wont turn on. If I can take pics with out removing the bumper i will for you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ok the plug on mine is still in the back of the light.... im pulling pretty hard and it doesnt come off the housing... is there a way to do it? or do i just yank it off?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i know where naples is thats like 3 hrs away form me. but you might have to turn and pull. if you look at the first picture of the plug you see 2 plastic clips sticking out that helps lock the plug in place so u might have to turn and pull

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow I thought everybody would be all over this thread cause alot people have projectors with bad LEDs. I guess no body wants to fix thiers lol.

·
Registered
613 Posts
see my projectors did the same thing, the leds stopped working. but the passenger side projectors are also really dim. had to replace mine with stock lights and added HIDs

i should sell mine if someone like flversa can do it lol, meaning fix them :p
mine are just taking up space in the garage

·
Registered
67 Posts
see my projectors did the same thing, the leds stopped working. but the passenger side projectors are also really dim. had to replace mine with stock lights and added HIDs

i should sell mine if someone like flversa can do it lol, meaning fix them :p
mine are just taking up space in the garage
Which color are your projectors ?
Can you post some pictures os them ?
how much are asking ?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
this is awesome!!!!! thanks for the writeup!!!!!! but since both sides of my LEDs are now dead and only the halos work i am happy with them ha. but thanks for solving this mystery!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Which color are your projectors ?
Can you post some pictures os them ?
how much are asking ?
I will send some pics to you when i get the chance, pm me about more details though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts