Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been asked on here how to fix the indicator on the shifter for the auto trans so I figured I'd make a how to.

srart by removing the panal with the dc outlet by gently prying up with a small flat head screwdriver or a knife careful not to scratch the paint

take the trim around the shifter off,

then take that panel out from around the shifter, the black part that surrounds the shifter well have tabs on it hooking it to the base you have to unhook the tabs (mine I just wiggled a little and it came off but you can gently pry on and lift the cover up
Sorry for the pic quality hard to get a clear one so close up but the clip is in the center of the pic

you can then push the gear position indicator panel back in heres a shot of the indicator from underneath

then just reverse the steps to reassemble a consol. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for this tutorial. Strangely, the tabs were different design on my 2009 Versa 1.6. My issue was that someone had dropped a object directly on the clear plastic indicator so it came loose and was difficult to tell what gear you were when changing. Would have to look into the dashboard to see gear which was annoying. Here is how I fixed it:

Follow video instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvHIOwMJ0wg

You carefully disconnect the light bulb and the lightbulb wire that is connected to the clip. Then you pull the entire black piece with indicator up and over the gear shifter.

Then, this was the trickiest part, you have to get a small flat head screwdriver and in each corner are these black tabs... gently stick screw driver in slot and adjust until the tab breaks free. You may have to use a 2nd screw driver as sometimes when you start freeing the tab on the opposite side, the original tab you broke free earlier will snap back into place. Eventually once you get all 4 tabs disconnect, you can separate the bottom layer of the assembly. Now you have full access to the clear plastic indicator and can push it back through the slot so it aligns up. Then re-assemble.

Less then 30 minute job. Removing the tabs was the hardest part. Have to be gentle not to break the plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.