Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone today I decided to install a dome light (meaning when the trunk closes the light turns of and when the hood is open the light turns on) into my trunk of my sedan. If anyone else wanted to do the same I hope these pics and captions help alot. If you need any help dont be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
222 Posts
:goodpost::coolpics: very nice install how to.

Couple of questions..

How did you seal the ground pin hole against water intrusion?

Can we get a better picture of your accessory fuse block that you made your self? (Maybe a How to on that?)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You guys don't have a trunk light? I do. Or am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Nice job! The 1.6 doesn't have a trunk light. I think all the other models do.

I just did an LED light with motion sensor. Only issue I had was I used cheap batteries and they leaked all over the light so I tossed it out. I need to get another one.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I havent yet sealed it becuase it was such a tight fit. But what I might do if i notice there is water coming thru I will use silicon n just put it around the bottom or top of the drop pin. But I will take pictures of the acc. fuse box today and post pic tonight.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yeah I have the S sedan with power package, and I have a trunk, and glove box light. Yeah, I didn't know you guys didn't have one. I thought a trunk light was standard on every car nowadays. U learn something new everyday, i guess.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Lighting very good looking and useful too. Great install!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.