Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
So I decided to make my own intake for my Versa, I went to autozone and got the Spectra modular intake kit.

What I got was:
1. Spectre 45* elbow tube #8738
2. Spectre air filter #8132 (part # for red filter)
3. Spectre coupler kit #8772 x2 (part #for red clamp)
4. Spectre 4” straight intake tube #8708
5. Spectre MAF adaptor #9405

Filters come in red, blue, and white
Clamps come in red, blue, and black

the tools you will need are plyers ratchet exstentions and a 13mm 10mm 8mm and 7mm sockets and a flat head and philips head

some tools not shown cause I found out later that I would need them

heres what it looks like opened up

I first put the intake together (and put the project name on it lol)

then went out to the car and looked at how to remove the stock intake

first you have these clips to hold the intake on near the grill

then this holds the water catch chamber to the intake, careful taking this apart it will break, there is a clip top and bottom

and the rest of the intake is held in with these, it all just pulls out

start by removing the intake pipe and the catch chamber

there will be a tube and the MAF wire attached to the intake so look for and remove them first before taking the air box out, then take the neg cable off the batt and lift the batt up (13mm socket for hold down) then I took the filter out so it would be easyer to pull the filter housing out. I also removed the rubber hose to the intake for more room to work.

with everything out it looks like this

I also removed the engine cover for more room, when you go to install the MAF senser remember what way you took it out of the stock houseing and use the adaptor with the slot in it the MAF goes in silver side down, use one of the silicon couplers on ether side of the MAF adaptor tube hook one end to the rubber tube on the throttle body and the other to the new intake tube, if you use the size filter I have it may fight to go into place so you will have to work with it to get it in but it does fit plug the MAF senser in and start it to test it out.

heres a pic I took after it was done I plane to run to the throttle body then in to the bumper sometime

·
Registered
638 Posts
Very nice write up.
"water catch chamber" makes more sense than resonator

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,
lol I have no clue what they call it but thats what it looks like to me lol. and there is a hole on the bottom that looks like a drain hole

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for whats on there now its like $90-$100 I belive but auto zone has eveything but the MAF adaptor but they can order it.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heres a daytime pic of the intake

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hey man,

How does the SRI sound, I know the HP gain would be so insignificant that it won't be noticed. But does it at least sound good?

Very good DIY BTW.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well, there's always the possibility. I know I would.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Think I'm actually gonna try to get this set up next week, if the wife doesn't notice the 100 bucks off the account lol.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, maybe in most cases, but I for 1 havent had a chance to look at the engine volumetrics so I cant really comment, but if this lil engine is air restrictive like most its size in favor of noise control, the gain could actually be felt. Still a CAI properly designed and placed would prove more hp than a SRI simply because of the expected "warm" air that the SRI is plagued with. Tube diameter also plays a critical role in hp gain or loss on a N/A engine. Still the SRI and CAI looks soooo much better than stock. lol
Hey man,

How does the SRI sound, I know the HP gain would be so insignificant that it won't be noticed. But does it at least sound good?

Very good DIY BTW.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hope that filter can actually "filter".
Why wouldn't it? Its an air filter and yes you can see dirt build up starting to form on the outside and the inside of the filter and tube are as clean as when I got them.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.