Nissan Versa Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but I am trying to choose between an SRI and a CAI for my 08 Hatchback. Right now I'm trying to choose between building a SRI with the Spectre parts or the DC Sports CAI. I can get the DC Sports intake for $110 through a friend. My estimate on the Spectre build is $70. At the moment I'm leaning towards the DC Sports one but thought I'd get the opinions of the community. Thoughts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi there, yes there is much info on this subject on the site. Just search. I just put in a Takeda SRI over the weekend and it was a fairly easy job. For which one is better, I believe they will both net you about the same HP/Torque gains (~5HP/6LBFT) - 7-10% increase at high end. I'm not sure how noticeable it is (for me it certainly feels a bit faster, but that could be the placebo effect with the noise and anticipated HP gains).

The SRI is easier to install and you don't need to worry about water coming up from deep puddles like you may need to with a CAI. The CAI is a harder install, but also you need to remember when comes time to clean the filter, it will take you longer with a CAI setup than a SRI because it will take longer to get the filter off. Also more bends and longer tubing with a CAI. More bends can equate to longer air movement. However in something like the 1.8L of a Versa, this may not be a noticeable factor.

Otherwise, people love both and I certainly love my SRI. Takes a bit of getting used to with the sound when you punch it, but it's a nice growl sound.

I went with SRI purely on the basis of an easier install and easier to take off the filter for the periodic cleaning/maintenance. If you have any other questions, let us know. Good Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
connect the the hose from the valve cover to the intake after the maf thats how I got mine off, dont let the new hose get kinked and make sure there are no leaks after the maf.

here you can see how I did mine

Hey man I would hate to be a pain in the ass but I love the way it looks. Could you list the Part Numbers again? Just to make sure I didn't miss any?

61 - 64 of 64 Posts