Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preface:
This was done on my 2015 Nissan Versa Note S (5-speed). I assume the wiring is roughly the same for similar models, but I'm not certain. This post also will not cover the process of removing your fascia or headlights, because that's pretty easy to find online or here on the forum. Just know it's a few bolts and fasteners / rivet clips. The purpose of this post is simply to cover the wiring and what you'll need. The post immediately after this one will contain more photos since individual posts are restricted to 10 images.

JDM Part Numbers:
26060-5VA0A for left headlight, 26010-5VA0A for right headlight.

Where to find JDM Projectors:
You can buy them brand new from Nengun or used from Croooober.

A few things to note:
The brand new cost is exorbitant. To buy them new you'll be looking at $800ish a pop, not including tax or importing fees (which can oftentimes be as much if not more than the base cost of the item you're looking to import). The best bet is to purchase from Croooober, however as the years have passed it seems like it's a little harder to find them -- just keep an eye out for deals. I purchased mine back in winter 2019 from Croooober and the final cost was only $350 including shipping (closed listing HERE).

What you will need:
  • Nissan 6 pin connector from Amazon (link HERE).
  • Dremel IF you want to do some DIY and use your stock turn signals. Otherwise you'll need THIS ugly socket and some new bulbs (this post covers the Dremel method).
  • The courage to cut into your stock wiring harnesses.
Meat and Potatoes:
Alright, so the actual wiring process is really straight forward. While the JDM and Amazon connectors are 6 pin, we only need to use 5 -- three from our high beams / low beams, and two from the orange side marker "DRL". I created some laymen's wiring diagrams to help those with lesser wiring experience. Soldering is recommended for these connections, but feel free to connect them however you deem fit -- be it heat shrink butt connectors or the good 'ole twist and tape.

Be warned: the rest of this post will be a lot less formal and more risky since I am covering the Dremel method instead of the simple replacement socket method.

After wiring is complete, the last the last portion is the most nerve racking -- filing down the OEM turn signal plug to fit into the JDM housing. Keep in mind that I am not deeming this the ONLY or BEST method, this is simply what I did (and have had no issues with thus far). Feel free to improve upon this.

The JDM plug uses three notches to fit into the JDM socket. The USDM plug uses two elongated notches to fit into the USDM socket. On top of that, the USDM plug has a much wider outer ring, so unfortunately we'll need to slim it down and reduce the overall diameter of the ring, as well as cut down the plug notches. Due to spacing, this will only give us two notches instead of three, but despite this it'll still hold.

TL;DR: you'll need to file down three places -- the two elongated notches, and reduce the ring diameter.

For the two notches, I made sure to cut by the edge of both elongated notches to make it easier to remember and be consistent. Only caveat is that I'd recommend leaving a little more length on the notch in the second image (with the upper notch) -- this side fits into the longest of the three holes in the JDM socket. Regardless, it still fits but leaving more excess would likely make it more secure. And for the first image, remember to trim off the remaining excess to the right of the entry hole. The image is just showcasing roughly where to cut.

Luckily, the two plugs use two different sized rubber washers. With this, we can put the JDM washer on the USDM plug to give us a rough estimate for the diameter we should shoot for. My recommendation for this would be to cut it a little wider than what I did, that way it's more of a snug squeeze into the socket. It's always better to cut not enough than too much.

Rough final draft should look something like this. Again, I'd recommend leaving the diameter a little wider.

My main goal for using the OEM plugs was because I picked up some $50 switchback LED turn signals about a month ago, and I certainly didn't want to give them up. They don't require resistors, are plug 'n play, and the actual orange turn signals are hilariously bright (Amazon link HERE, and a quick YouTube video overview HERE). An added benefit is that the white non-turn signal color looks great with the JDM DRL, even though they have a slightly more blue color tone. Lastly, here they are installed on my 2015 Note S (5-speed). Because I've hit the 10 image limit, I will make another post right after this one showcasing a few more images.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few extra images:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts