Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I wanted to change the front Rotors and reae drums of my Nissan versa 2008 SL. I was confused as they asked me if I have ABS or not, I went through the manual and it doesn't say anything. So how can I know if I have ABS.

Thanks

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wait until it rains then pick a big empty parking lot and slide the car there from too much brake. If you feel vibration in the brake pedal or hear any weird noise while the car is sliding you have ABS.

Or follow the brake lines from the master cylinder to see what they go to, they go to the ABS module next but you need to know what you are looking for.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You could just see if there is the ABS warning light present. From owner's manual for cars with ABS:

"When the ignition switch is placed in the ON position, the ABS warning light illuminates and then turns off. This indicates the ABS is operational."

·
Registered
939 Posts
Good point but on some cars the ABS light is the same light as the parking brake and low fluid. It then just says 'brake'.

And, if the ABS is not working at all, the light of course then means nothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you turn on your car, the ABS light will come on briefly. It's usually some sort of circle with "ABS" inside it.

I was under the impression that for 2008, ABS comes standard on all Versa.

When you hard brake using ABS, you can hear a pumping sound as the ABS pumps the brakes. It's disconcerting if you never had a car with ABS before.

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Yusuf
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing