Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Versa 1.8L 4AT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, my hood was stuck shut because the hood release wasn't working (I think there is too much slack in the cable). A lot of general how-to tutorials will tell you to rip off the front end or access the latch by going underneath the car. Luckily, there is an easy workaround with the first generation Versa. There is a small notch on the upper grill that is large enough to fit a flathead screwdriver, it is located slightly to the right of the Nissan emblem. Put the screwdriver through the gap and push the latch with the screwdriver until the hood pops up like it would with the hood release. After it has popped, push the lever with your hand and lift the hood as you usually would. I have posted a picture of the gap up close. I think you can also pull the cable by itself without the hood release handle, but that proved to be too difficult for me and it was hurting my hands even with work gloves on. I hope this helps for anyone else stuck in this predicament.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1. In the vehicle or harga wuling confero s , pull up the hood unlocking handle located below the left side of the instrument panel.
2. Turn hood bottom hook and raise hood.
3. When the hood is raised to a certain height, the hood will automatically open to open position under the action of the pneumatic support bar.

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Versa 1.8L 4AT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. In the vehicle or harga wuling confero s , pull up the hood unlocking handle located below the left side of the instrument panel.
2. Turn hood bottom hook and raise hood.
3. When the hood is raised to a certain height, the hood will automatically open to open position under the action of the pneumatic support bar.
Next time, read the title

1 - 4 of 4 Posts