Nissan Versa Forums banner

How-to: Remote Key fob Programming (non-smart key)

75K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Shane2019Versa 
#1 ·
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert the key into ignition and remove it all the way about 5-6 times within 10 seconds. The hazard lights will flash if you have performed this step correctly.

3. Insert key into the ignition and turn it to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push any button on the key fob. The Hazard lights will flash.

5. If there are any other key fobs, including the old ones, unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push any button on the next remote. The Hazard lights will flash. Repeat this step for each key fob you wish to install.

6. When you are done with all key fobs, turn the key to the off position, remove the key from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

7. Your done!!! It's that easy!! I tried it and it works.

Nissan 4 button rectangle remotes DO NOT work for our cars, I tried it, lol!!!

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 · (Edited)
If your Versa did not come with keyless entry, then the BCM (body control module) will have to be reprogramed/replaced with one that supports keyless entry. The BCM controls the accessories/electronics thru out the car that doesnt have to do with the engine or tranny, from my understanding. It is located behind the glovebox. Id like to know if keyless and cruise is lke prewired or something. Because u can get it for $250 from Nissan. So it cant be that much of a pain or hassle to add it. Just gotta figure out what its missing. But im willing to bet both are controlled by having the right BCM.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Your welcome. Its still worth a shot. See if the BCM can be reflashed in a way of speaking, to do keyless entry. I know there is also a little black box to the left behind the glovebox, that is the brain of the keyless system, if you have that, then the BCM needs to be looked at for programing.