Nissan Versa Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
This a nice How To!! Very well explained :)

I have a question about this: I have a 2012 Versa S HB, is it possible it comes prewired for Cruise Control and Audio?

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello TechGuy8,

You are on the right track; just pull from the top harder. I just replaced mine today. I used two 5/16 wooden dowels, used my knee to hold on one after it pushed the left spring and used another one with my right hand to push the right retaining clip. I then used my left hand to pull from the top and it popped out easily. My biggest problem was to pop it back after I have done replacing everything. Eventually I had to first push the right clip back, pressed the right side of the airbag onto it, then did the same on the left clip and the entire airbag clicked back in. It was rewarding to do this job myself. Thanks again to Versa 2009 and dovi04 for their encouragement.

JasonS17

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello TechGuy8,

You are on the right track; just pull from the top harder. I just replaced mine today. I used two 5/16 wooden dowels, used my knee to hold on one after it pushed the left spring and used another one with my right hand to push the right retaining clip. I then used my left hand to pull from the top and it popped out easily. My biggest problem was to pop it back after I have done replacing everything. Eventually I had to first push the right clip back, pressed the right side of the airbag onto it, then did the same on the left clip and the entire airbag clicked back in. It was rewarding to do this job myself. Thanks again to Versa 2009 and dovi04 for their encouragement.

JasonS17
Thank you for the info.

I know what I did wrong. I pushed the left clip and the left side popped up. Then, I push the right clip and the right clip popped up. I was pulling the air bag without pushing both clips at the same time. I pushed so hard that my fingers hurt for few days. LOL I will push both clips and pulling the air bag at the same time.

Update 1:
I tried again to get the airbag off couple of days ago. I was able to get it off fairy easy without pushing both clips at the same time. I did the same procedure which I used 1 month ago. The only difference is the outside temperature. The temperature was -15°C a month ago and 20°C two days ago. At higher temperature, the spring clips do not hold the airbag too tightly - just my guess. My airbag warning light is gone now.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts