Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! The wife hit a deer and banged up the front of our 2016 Note. A repair quote from a local reputable body shop was astronomical. Most of the quote was labor so I'm planning on removing parts, delivering them for paint, and re-installing myself. The shop seems amenable to working with me on this.

I have good skill-set, but want to have an idea of what I'm getting into before tearing into things. Questions:
1.) Does anyone have a how-to on front bumper removal of a 2016 Note? I found how-to's, but only for sedans or older models.
2.) Is there any reason why I couldn't drive the car for a week with no bumper cover while paint work is being done? It looks like bumper cover is a mounting point for inner fender skirts so I assume I wouldn't have skirts for a week either.

Thanks for the help folks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Before you do anything, check your auto insurance. If you have a comprehensive coverage, it takes care of a deer encounter, minus a deductible of course.
For your second question, some states have a bumper law, which prohibits driving without having a proper bumper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts