1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. And then, as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 twice until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a bit of a while; no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn it back on. If the procedure works, the airbag light will not flash.