Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to test my 09 Hatchback 1.8 SL CVT ignition coil packs for spark. In many cars I could pull a coil pack while the car is running and use a spark tester or screwdriver to test each coil pack's spark, but for the Versa I have to remove the intake manifold cover just to get to the coils & plugs, removing the ability to run the car and check. Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has the time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Can you get at the two right side coil/plugs without removing the intake manifold? (throttle body side)

On my 2015 1.6, the IM only covers the two left side coils.

Reason I ask is, if the coil in question is under the IM, swap it over to the accessible side to see if the problem follows the coil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you get at the two right side coil/plugs without removing the intake manifold? (throttle body side)

On my 2015 1.6, the IM only covers the two left side coils.

Reason I ask is, if the coil in question is under the IM, swap it over to the accessible side to see if the problem follows the coil.
I can access #4 on the '09 without removing the cover. I am trying to avoid swapping 3x to check each one, which would mean I would have to remove and put back the cover for each test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
clayworks
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing