Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a video how-to for my friends over here on the Versa forum. This will show you how to wire your interior lights to the dimmer switch. As soon as you turn on the headlights you interior lights will come on as well. No forgetting to turn them off and no plugs taking up your ONLY 12v outlet. (I will be solving this problem later this week)

The whole thing was very simple and only took me about an hour. If you're unfamiliar with how the dash/center console comes apart, it may take a little bit more time.

If you have any questions, just ask!

Reactions: Samuel Rodriguez

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BY the way, the part where I soldered the connection together got cut out. So no, I didn't just leave them twisted up, they were properly soldered and wrapped with heatshrink.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
cool!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Nice how-to man

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm wiring in a new outlet that will go near the drivers feet. Going to use an add-a-circuit fuse holder. Ill do a how-to video for it as well. It should be even simpler than this one. Haha. I hate splitters cause they are ugly and non-oem looking if they aren't hidden, and the versa placement of the outlet is kinda hard to hide.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the way guys, LEDGlow liked my video and decided to post it on their website and on their facebook page. Didn't think it was that good, but ill take the extra views for my channel :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah I just did my LEDglows with an add-a-fuse but it works great, just different!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like having them hardwired cause it let's me just leave it and forget about them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dimmable LEDs install, using factory dimmer

Thanks for your LEDs installation video, athikerguy4life! I understand that you tapped into the PURPLE wire of the factory dimmer switch for 12V+ power. This single wire is both an ignition source (key "on") and a switched source (parking light/headlight switch), so both conditions must be met for your LEDs to illuminate (this is true on my '09 V Hatch). Clever!
Today, I found that if I hook up my LEDs' RED 12V+ lead to the same PURPLE dimmer wire and hook up the LEDs' ground wire (-) to the dimmer's BLACK wire w/1 SILVER DOT (middle wire of dimmer switch), the factory dimmer now controls the brightness of the LEDs along with the dash illumination!
I tested this setup with the LEDs' leads manually pressed into the back of the connected dimmer switch's harness. I'll be soldering them together, of course. Due to the LEDs' low power consumption, I expect no noticeable "power drain" or "blown fuse" issues.
If anyone has any questions, just ask and enjoy.
I'll see if I can post some pics or maybe a video, once my multi-color LED's are fully installed.
Ciao,
tower62

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.