Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say I've lurked on this forum for a while, I figured I'd finally go ahead and introduce myself. I bought a new 2009 Versa S Hatch back in 09' and I've been in love with it ever since.

More pics are located in my album.

As far as mods.
Blacked out grille and emblem with Plasti Dip
Added red pinstripe and some molding around the car
Blacked out OEM hubcaps and will be adding a red stripe once it arrives
Weathertec wind deflectors
Nissan Aluminum sport pedals
Nissan All-weather floor mats
Nissan OEM aluminum kick plates
Pioneer Touch-screen radio
Unique A/C control knobs which were for the Tiida but I took a chance
Aftermarket leather arm-rest
Blacked out some dash pieces and black/silver plasti dipped my center dash
Clazzio Black/Grey/Grey leather seat covers on the way :ihih:
24-LED Dome lights
LED License plate lights
Aftermarket OEM style fog lights with 4100k OEM PIAA lights
Phillips Xtreme light plus 3500k headlights

Future mods
Add Power locks/windows and alarm (I've already bought the oem switches and door panels)
Silver carbon fiber wrap interior
Wheelskins Black/Charcoal custom steering wheel wrap
AEM C.A.I.
DC Sport Strut bar
OEM Spoiler
50F/35R Tint (highest legal in VA)
Black Projector lights with 4300k HID lights

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum cast looks nice!

Edit: just realized where your from :) yay for va members what part you from anywhere near the beach cause theres a blacked out hatch I have seen a couple of time but coils never seem to catch in time to say hey.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm from southwest virginia, I wish I lived near the beach xD I loved that place when I went on vacation.

Nice to meet you.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Love the blacked out theme. I like your idea about adding the power windows/locks...I have manual everything(windows, locks, mirrors, etc).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forums. Love the blacked out theme. I like your idea about adding the power windows/locks...I have manual everything(windows, locks, mirrors, etc).
I'd recommend getting as much as you can from ebay, if you try and get anything from Nissan your have "sticker shock". I was told that each door panel would be $245! and the driver switch $120 and the others were $95 and all that didn't include the wiring harness's, alarm kit, or key fob :( .

So I drove around 30 miles to a savage yard and found a totaled 08' Versa, which wasn't in very bad shape considering. The doors were virtually untouched so I bought em for $55 each and that included the switches :)

Glad you like the theme, I'll be doing more to it over time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good, that'll be a future project. Do you have any plans for your back emblems? :ihih:
I have a few idea's but I haven't decided just yet. One is Black out the emblem and add red to the Nissan text (I'd add to the front as well) and have the Versa letters red as well.

Another is de-badging the emblems and just add the Versa text one back to the center of the hatch and have it painted red or black as well.

If I find someone here who has done one of the above it may help with that indecision :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
welcome welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I have a few idea's but I haven't decided just yet. One is Black out the emblem and add red to the Nissan text (I'd add to the front as well) and have the Versa letters red as well.

Another is de-badging the emblems and just add the Versa text one back to the center of the hatch and have it painted red or black as well.

If I find someone here who has done one of the above it may help with that indecision :D
Sounds good. Someone on here had red emblems and looked decent. You should try it. I had black emblems on my V and wanted to try something different so I made a SE-R emblem out of the VERSA letters, didnt look bad in my opinion but I wanted a clean and simple look so I took them off. Same with the burger.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I had red emblems. My front and rear Nissan badge's were colored red. I slapped a special edition emblem on it too, and colored it red.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
thats to bad I thought you might be the one I keep seeing round here lol but if you ever come round this way make sure to stop by and say hey :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had red emblems. My front and rear Nissan badge's were colored red. I slapped a special edition emblem on it too, and colored it red.
Oh that does look nice :) I may just do the black/red emblems then.

thats to bad I thought you might be the one I keep seeing round here lol but if you ever come round this way make sure to stop by and say hey :)
Will do :thumb2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By the way, would that spoiler happen to be from an older model mustang? It looks very similar to the one on my old 04' mustang gt.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have a red and black badge on the front

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a red and black badge on the front

Yea I saw that when I was browsing thru your car thread earlier, it looks great :thumb2: and I was also noticing how mine is looking similar to yours :smilewinkgrin:

Although truthfully I need to get some thicker red pinstripe for mine, here locally the biggest I could find was 1/8 and that's way to thin for my tastes. You can't even really notice it till you are close to the car, even my first overall photo it's hard to see them :( I'm thinking about ordering some 5/16 and seeing how well that shows.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
:Djust noticed your Red Green quote lol! Duct Tape Forever movie filmed out here in Haldimand. Most of his other stuff in nearby Hamilton. He had a show called Smith&Smith with him and his wife. His career took off, hers um did not. Wow i gotta you tube it now:D That's the best when he makes working tools out of junk or the old possum van

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
:Djust noticed your Red Green quote lol! Duct Tape Forever movie filmed out here in Haldimand. Most of his other stuff in nearby Hamilton. He had a show called Smith&Smith with him and his wife. His career took off, hers um did not. Wow i gotta you tube it now:D That's the best when he makes working tools out of junk or the old possum van
And he filmed a few commercials at the store my sister used to work at! (hodgkins hardware in smithville) and also filmed an episode at my high school auto teachers house in grassie!

Welcome!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love the show :thumb2: and Handyman's corner is by far the best part of the show :) I wish I could be a semi-Macgyverr like he is lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.