Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i own a nissan tiida lation 2008, 1.6 engine, sorry for bieng an intruder but this was the only forum where i can ask questions, so my question is whether we can boost the preformance of the engine a bit futher.?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Not without retuning the computer software, any mod that truly makes added power will quickly put the needed fuel adjustment for the injectors into conflict with the open loop fuel map, the engine then either slowly burns up or does it faster depending on how bad the issue is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not without retuning the computer software, any mod that truly makes added power will quickly put the needed fuel adjustment for the injectors into conflict with the open loop fuel map, the engine then either slowly burns up or does it faster depending on how bad the issue is.
Thank you very, but what if i do the mods with all the stuff, like fuel pump, injection, intake and a ecu remapping. At least for a little hp gain

·
Registered
980 Posts
'ecu remapping' is the same thing as the 'retuning the computer software' (known as a 'tune') I spoke of.

You should know that beginning with a super small engine like that severely limits the amount of added power you will get unless you turbo, involving a LOT more money. Small makes small, big makes big.

And, the term 'all the stuff' will mean likely a lot more than you know, take it from somebody who has taken 300 hp. engines to make 600 out of them. No turbo either. That was before the computer days though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts