Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV on Fortune Auto coilovers.
39 Posts
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but the work and money required to get one fitted into a Note isn't worth it, since at that point you could probably just buy a better car at that point. I've personally had the thought of swapping engines, not just the MR from the Juke, but the MR from the old Versa/Sentra and the engine bay is just too small for either motor.

·
Registered
Versa note SV 2016 Engine : Hr16de paired with a CVT :(
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but the work and money required to get one fitted into a Note isn't worth it, since at that point you could probably just buy a better car at that point. I've personally had the thought of swapping engines, not just the MR from the Juke, but the MR from the old Versa/Sentra and the engine bay is just too small for either motor.
dang :/ i guess the versa can just be my boring a-ber like it was built to be anyways. It is probably better and smarter to just buy a 350z or civic to have as a project car.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Note
12 Posts
The MR16DDT engine will fit in a Note, but you’ll need a lot more than just the engine. In order to do this swap, you’ll need to head over to a CoPart and buy a crashed Juke, then swap over everything from that car into your Note. That includes the engine, the TCM, the BCM, all the wire harnesses, the transmission, the rear beam axle assembly, front CV axles, and the rear shocks.

A crashed Juke will run you anywhere between $1k and $5k, then you’ll need another $2k to $4k to do a complete conversion. It’s not impossible, as someone I know with a Cube is finishing up this very conversion, and it runs and drives. But you’ll need to figure out what parts you do and don’t need, and that takes a lot of time.

I suppose that if you had an extra daily car, that a Juke to Note conversion would be a fun project to take on. But if it’s your only car it’s probably not worth the hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts