Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how much oil everyone puts in their Versa at oil change and how the dipstick reads. The owners manual says 3 7/8 qts or 3.875 qts with filter and 3 3/8 qts or 3.375 qts without filter. I know there's no way that little filter holds 1/2 a qt of oil. Soon after I bought my 2016 I was researching and somewhere I remember finding 3.2 qts so I've been using 3.2 qts with filter change on every change. Even at 3.2 qts my dipstick reads just slightly over the full mark but, it's not enough to worry about. Other than 3.2 qts reading about right on the dipstick this is within 1 oz of 3 liters which would make sense considering the manufacturer is in a country that uses the metric system.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
... ??? ...

Dude. Just put oil in until it's full.
I've probably been changing oil since you were shitting your diaper and know how to do it. I was just asking how much everyone else put in and how it read on their dipstick. If you don't have anything constructive to post pertaining to the question I'd rather you didn't reply to my threads. This is knowledge that could help keep someone from overfilling the crankcase and damaging their engine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We're you comparing metric diapers to standard diapers??? 😂

Because a metric diaper might be 0.1429 ounces less.

·
Registered
2018 versa sv
3 Posts
I just changed the oil in my son's 2018. It took about the 3.2qts you had said. Initially put in 3qts then added about 4oz. to top it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts