Nissan Versa Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The technician has not disassembled the old engine. I have been in contact with corporate since 1,000 miles. That's when the knock was first reported to them during my post-sales survey. The immediately opened a case on the car since i was having multiple issues. I have been speaking with corporate twice a week now. They are very aware of my situation and they still will do nothing for me as far as a replacement car or refund. I really do believe that ALOT of HR16s are defective. I'm so stressed out over this whole situation. Not sure what to do. Anyway, I'm told I am getting the car back on Wednesday, so I will update everyone later this week.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The car may well have not had a 2nd engine if you have no proof of same other than someone saying it. Common for dealers to lie that big now. And if they did your 'new' engine may have been your original simply patched to go right back to doing it again, or they used a crap rebuild that again did the same.

You cannot trust them, they could simply be letting the car sit a couple days at a time while they pass it around the shop as worker times allow to let other techs run it to check it out and give suggestions or pass judgements on it (that alone could take a couple of weeks, they could care less about your loss of the car). They don't simply eat a rebuild instantly without flogging the situation at least some. They now keep your car up to a week to do 10 minutes work, it is to THEIR schedule not yours.

I once was told my fairly new car needed thousands ($3500+) in repair costs when I took it in simply to check out why a fuse blew out on a new car. 3 weeks later after various conversations that got worse and worse they finally told me all the things they did and I hit critical mass and then got car back next day and the bomb went off. When I got it I checked all the things they supposedly did and not one of them had been done (I CAN build an ENTIRE CAR from bare frame to complete and running so I do know what to look for). Basically I got lied to several times (the story changed with every person I spoke to) after the fuse got changed, they were simply milking the car to get maximum warranty money from the company in my case. The car had to physically stay there the time period to back up the claimed work done.

The dealers are constantly ripping off the company with fake warranty claims, it's a common practice if the car is a fairly new one with low miles. You can even call the company and they won't even seem to care. BTDT.

Yours of course has a noise and somewhat different but the screwing is virtually the same in intention if not exact process.

Why once my cars leave the dealer they never go back.

·
Registered
263 Posts
At this point, if your car still has the problem after you get it back, you could consider a couple options:

(1) Contact attorney general office of your state for a consumer protection agency (or whatever it is called in your state) to be advised on the course of actions and assistance;

(2) Contact bar association for a reference to an attorney working in the field of consumer protection. It will cost some money (just ask upfront about it), but will cut the cr*p significantly.

In any case keep us posted. Good luck.

·
Registered
980 Posts
And research lemon car laws for your state, to do something like that you will have to 100% jump through all the hoops required there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just checking in to clear some things up. I personally know the technician. He has sent me pictures of the whole process. I did in fact see the replacement engine and he showed me why the camshafts were incorrect. I have no reason to believe he would bullshit me. As far as everyone else involved, they're definitely bullshitting me as far as communication, getting a rental and giving me my money back. I'm picking the car up in the morning and I will have an general update after I inspect the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quick update. Just got the car back. 6,350 miles. Spewing coolant. Immediately had to take it back. Engine number 4. The first 2 replacement engines had the wrong camshafts in them. The new engine seems to be okay. I haven't had enough time to really pay attention. Car is staying overnight yet again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay. Finally have my car back. And unfortunately the replacement engine is also knocking. I think it's safe to say at this point that Nissan has in fact produced a massive batch of faulty engines. And it's obvious they do not care. So to those non-believers in here, here is yet another knocking versa with a knocking replacement engine. 2019 with 6,420 miles. Good luck to anyone else who has to go through this. It's an aweful experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another update. My car is back at the dealer. They are inspecting the engine again and don't believe there's an issue, but they are keeping it for a couple days to listen to it and to address other issues with the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last update. My 2019 Versa S 5MT was deemed a lemon. I have been fully refunded and the car is on its way to auction then the scrap yard.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts