Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Nissan Versa 1.6L with HR16DE engine. The engine has piston slap and wanted to know whether anyone has done an engine swap with an MR20DE engine.

If not, what would be the best engine to replace the HR16DE with?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't know of anyone doing a HR to MR swap.
If I were to do a swap like that, I would go with the MR16DDT out of a Juke. 188HP Turbo engine.

Reactions: pimperell

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feedback Keith! I will do some research with replacing the engine with MR16DDT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is a dreamer thread. Replacing one Nissan engine with another of a different spec is not easy. Beyond swapping harnesses and ECMs, there will still be other components that will not match. The days of easy engine swaps has been over for almost three decades.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some of these can drop in and run off the ECU. These guys know the combos.I think in the older versa they drop the sentra motor in and it bolts right up and runs right off the ECU. I am in california so I can't do a swap for legal reasons

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Versa S 5MT
28 Posts
This is a dreamer thread. Replacing one Nissan engine with another of a different spec is not easy. Beyond swapping harnesses and ECMs, there will still be other components that will not match. The days of easy engine swaps has been over for almost three decades.
I don't think the OP is assuming it will be easy

·
Registered
15 Posts
It depends on your definition of easy too right? I find it easier to mess with the wiring and computer than trying to drop a big block into a car that had a V6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts