Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we all know the Versa got an up in horsepower from the low 109 to 122 and from 107 lb-ft to 114.
From what I know, both the drivetrain and engine are the same as the previous version -- just tuned up. Does anyone know about a chip tune or an ecu flash we can do to upgrade the older versas?

·
Registered
980 Posts
It sounds more like to me you are simply confusing the HR16 and MR18 power outputs as both engines came in the cars but some sources are not real clear on that. Even the service manuals will throw you off if you are not paying close attention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds more like to me you are simply confusing the HR16 and MR18 power outputs as both engines came in the cars but some sources are not real clear on that. Even the service manuals will throw you off if you are not paying close attention.
Did the 2020 Versa switch its engine back to the MR18DE as opposed to the HR from the 2012-2019 versas?
I know about the change down from the MR to the HR when Nissan did the facelift, I don't know as much about the new model. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
My bad.............engine still a 1.6 in 2020 and maybe called HR but not the same at all, some serious redesign going on there, the intake instead of downdrafting is now an updraft among other things. Not the same engine with software only changes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey again,
Thanks for the input -- I had a feeling there was some catch in hearing about a 1.6L in the 2020. I just found a pic of the engine bay, and it seems a lot more improvement in design as opposed to the hr16de. Photos attached for anyone curious of the change in intake and reorganization under the hood.
2019versaengine.jpg
2020versaengine.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts