Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Engine layout looks pretty much identical to the one in my note so I don't see why it shouldn't work.the only problem I do foresee is that we lack an aftermarket for forged pistons and reinforced internals so I don't see this kit being able to produce much power on a stock engine

·
Registered
637 Posts
It made just under 150 brake horsepower. Not sure how much you want to make or how much the stock internals can handle but i've turbo charged another nissan and that car was sold running at 218k miles. There are tons of fits and yaris running turbo on stock internals. With a conservative tune i doubt you will have too much issues. But if the boost bug bites and you turn the psi up I'm sure you will blow up the little engine that could.
not really looking into it for myself as much as i was just trying to avoid people thinking they could slap this on their HR16DE and turn up the boost thinking they are going to make big power and then blowing up the engine and wondering why it happened. really good setup they have going there though and hopefully they will think about shipping them out to us, heck any aftermarket for the versa is a good thing. i know personally that just the intake on mine alone provided a pretty good gain and makes me think this engine has alot more potential than what Nissan tunes it for which is mostly for gas savings and not performance.

·
Registered
637 Posts
every engine is different. I come from boosted SR20's. Those things when turbo charged can take a beating. Stock injectors (259cc) at 4bar of fuel can put down about 200whp. The stock maf is good for little over 200 unless you have a 2000-2002 maf then it's good for over 300. I do recall now aus-tiida having issues with maf though.

Not sure how researching the MR16DDT will compare with an HR16DE. I don't see any shared parts when I look them up. It would seem they are two totally different engines. If they are similar though that would be good news because there are tuners pushing over 200whp with a tune and a couple of bolt ons. I doubt the HR16DE could get to that level but it would be nice.

I haven't heard back from the greece guys so who knows what's going on. I would love for someone to pick up one of these kits and fit it.
you also have to remember though too that the SR20 was an iron block engine where most of Nissans engines are now all aluminum including the block, as i recall iron blocks can take alot more of a beating especially when it comes to boost.

·
Registered
637 Posts
He responded

I think I have gone as far as I'm going to go with this. So if someone really wants to turbo their HR16DE you now have an option. I would love to see a turbo Note. If someone does that I'll make you some free "ST killer" decals and maybe even a cool custom stainless steel emblem.
having second thoughts about this...i might do it, but probably wont be till later on down the road...got some other projects that are kinda hush hush right now going on with the Note and won't be finalized till around december or january

·
Registered
637 Posts
That would be great, $1,500 isnt bad. Does he mention anything about the hp gain?

from what i remember this kit was able to net another 50whp over stock, so taking into account that the stock engine puts out a little over 90whp i would venture a guess that this turbo kit would net you close to 150whp, which is pretty damn good considering how light the Note and versa sedan are

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.