Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
yaaa they look alright but honestly if you jsut take them off like i have them now (my hubs got stolen) it doesnt look half bad.
get some wd40 and spray the steel rims and they shine up and look like black rims.

·
Registered
354 Posts
hey the trim looks goood on the stock rims...

blindsnyper:
no thank ya, since they got stolen im using it as an excuse to buy rims, so im saving up for a nice set of rims! I appreciate the offer though!
=)

·
Registered
354 Posts
versamg08:
I have no idea what rims i want im just saving right now, i do like the nismo rims off of versaspeed.com! But other than that i havent a clue, maybe buy stock alloy's and paint black?

versa09:
They dont look like there stolen if u buy center caps...just go to like autozone and they have caps that cover your studs... makes it look alot nicer/cleaner

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I wouldn't bother with painting the hubcaps. Grab some stock rims from another nissan. They all look better then hubcaps.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ill think ill maybe just get a set of 15 inch rims for xmas or something. 15 inch still look good and theyll fit on my stock tires which are the big money killer

anybody know a good place to get a nice pair cheap.... #1 priority is matte black but regular black is cool too.... no chrome allowed

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Just a thought: You can also get some pretty decent hubcaps at Wal-Mart for $10-$15 for a set. My older brother bought a set for his wife's winter tires on her Jeep, and they look great compared to black steelies, and they only cost him $10 for the set.

·
Registered
354 Posts
versa09 id say go check out a junkyard..
yes the versa is a new car...but people wreck them alot..
atleast in my area because thats where i got alot of crap for my versa
cause i got in a wreck about 6 or 7 months ago in my versa and did alot of it myself.

im sure you could find some rims actually do this
go to a junkyard and tell them the specs for the rims and say you want some alloy's
they will take you to their selection and tell you which ones will fit you vehicle.
and then you can clean em up and paint them black!
id say should only be about $50 per rim.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm set on getting some 18's. Black or Black w/ silver/polished.
But I search Craigslist often, until I find the right set at the right price. I even have the search saved on my phone's browser to search while I'm standing in line or waiting on something.
I know they'll pop up. I just can't/won't justify spending too much on wheels.
ugh! I think my hubcaps are u-g-l-y!

·
Registered
502 Posts
versa mom, be careful with the 18s if you plan on lowering it. thats why i went with 17s. 18s sometimes (not always) have a tendancy to rub and that is just a mess of its own. if you search versa rims on ebay you will have a pretty good selection and you can haggle your way into a good set :) got mine for 375 instead of almost 450

·
Registered
67 Posts
No, I definately do not plan on lowering it. I will admit it looks awesome, but I've seen what lowering does to cars.
Does that price include tires, or wheels alone?
If we ever decide to buy new, we will make the 5/6 hr trip to San Diego and get them from a tire shop we always buy from there. We get a mini vacation and new wheels. They sell complete 18" sets (wheels/tires) for $600. We purchased our Chevy's 24's there for $1,200. Their prices are unbeatable!
Plus we get great MPG on the V, so it won't cost too much to drive out there and enjoy the beach. I'm very tempted to do it. Guess what I want for Christmas? :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
that was for wheels alone. i decided to go with high performance tires wich ran me over 500, but that price for the set of 18s and tires is truly a miracle. i forget who it is but someone on here is running 20s without any issues. so know that 20s will fit if you dont plan on lowering :)

what would you like for christmas?:drool5:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.