Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason when I go to www.nissanversaforums.com I am not logged in. I need to click forum and then I am logged in automatically. I did put in my screen name and password and clicked the little remember me button. This use to do it all the time on my laptop but now it's on my PC at work. It's very frustrating.

I'm about to clear my cookies, log back in and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just cleared them and signed in. After signing it the home page comes back up and I am not logged in.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
I experiance that as well at times, not sure what the problem is, are you guys using firefox? I could not duplicate it in explorer, but I rarely use IE

·
Registered
867 Posts
Usually happens if there's a cookie issue. If you've been "remembering me" for time (x) it may expire. Try clearing the nissanversaforums cookies and try again.

If still no good let me know and I'll look into it for ya's.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm on FF and did what you said. It's still doing it.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I HATE typing in my username and password every time I log into something.

I am the only user of my Macbook, so I don't care if it remembers me. I would rather it remember me so it saves me time from typing it over and over again!

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even when I type in my username and password the screen comes on saying thank you for logging in robj80 then it goes back to the homepage with me NOT being logged in.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Even when I type in my username and password the screen comes on saying thank you for logging in robj80 then it goes back to the homepage with me NOT being logged in.
Yes thats what it did to me the other day too. I had to log in about 3 or 4 times before it showed I was logged in.

·
Registered
613 Posts
did you guys clear your history too, cookies alone may not get rid of the problem
i've never had that problem. and i'm using Firefox.

Internet Explorer users
> click tools
> Internet Options
> Under the General Tab you will find Browsing History click delete
> select all boxes except passwords (or else all the sites you've been too that have saved your password will be gone) and click delete

if this doesn't work reset internet explorer completely. it will get rid of your addons (toolbars) but not your favorites so not to worry.

resetting IE
> click tools
> internet options
> click the advanced tab
> click reset
> check off delete personal settings
> click reset

now close and reopen IE and try again with the forums

Firefox users
> click tools
> clear recent history
> at the top where it says Time range to clear: choose everything
> select all check boxes
> and click clear now

now to reset firefox if this doesnt help
> close firefox completely
> click start
> click mozilla firefox
> click mozilla firefox (safe-mode)
> check off reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults
> now click make changes and restart

·
Registered
613 Posts
Safari users
> click on the History menu at the top
> click clear history
> now click clear

to reset safari
> click safari
> click reset safari
> check off all check boxes
> click reset

hope this helps guys

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No go on any of those suggestions.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So after doing what I was told I had to re log in to all the forums I frequent. They all work great except this one. It has nothing to do with my computer or settings.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
i will see what i can do, i think it has to do with the home page thing, I tired to remove it last night to see if that would take care of it, but i managed to break the site, need to figure out how to remove it,

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Figured it out!!!!!!!!!! Well I still don't know why it's doing it but I know how to stop it.

Use the WWW. when accessing the forum. For example my bookmark was nissanversaforums.com and that would make me not logged in. But if I go to www.nissanversaforums.com I am logged in everytime. I fixed my bookmark and life is good again.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Figured it out!!!!!!!!!! Well I still don't know why it's doing it but I know how to stop it.

Use the WWW. when accessing the forum. For example my bookmark was nissanversaforums.com and that would make me not logged in. But if I go to www.nissanversaforums.com I am logged in everytime. I fixed my bookmark and life is good again.
I've always used www before the rest of the URL, never had any issues of not remembering me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts