Nissan Versa Forums banner

If you had any car what would you first do to it?

• Invest on Mods for the engine

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Interior such as system,crazy lights inside,remodel inside and etc

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • invest on looks like a new paint job, tint, rims, and etc

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why some people spend good amount of money on weird body kits, really tall/big spoilers, and crazy paint jobs.

For example: I saw this kid with a <insert car maker here> with this crazy weird looking body kit with a bright orange paint with 2 racing stripes going down the middle of it in which the person added a really big spoiler as well. To add to it he had this really loud/annoying fart canon on it. Why couldn't he just spend the money on the engine first!? I even ran into him at a local sonic by my house and asked him do you race your car on the tracks and/or streets? he replied yeah and then i asked him what do you have under your hood he replied exhaust and CAI. Then i asked about the body style/paint job in which he replied it cost "$3,800". He said he was going for a performance car then a show car, in which i get it why people spend money on their show cars, but if your interest is in speed why would you go outside first then inside??

My Versa may sort of (not really) look like a street car but there is no way i would invest money on car mods to the engine for my car is auto instead i may just add some money here and there to make it to look nice, but i wouldn't go crazy with a wild/wacky paint job.

Opinions, outputs, perhaps you experienced something similar too, and note i am not bashing on these people just don't get it(if their top priority is speed).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
why some people spend good amount of money on weird body kits, really tall/big spoilers, and crazy paint jobs.

For example: I saw this kid with a <insert car maker here> with this crazy weird looking body kit with a bright orange paint with 2 racing stripes going down the middle of it in which the person added a really big spoiler as well. To add to it he had this really loud/annoying fart canon on it. Why couldn't he just spend the money on the engine first!? I even ran into him at a local sonic by my house and asked him do you race your car on the tracks and/or streets? he replied yeah and then i asked him what do you have under your hood he replied exhaust and CAI. Then i asked about the body style/paint job in which he replied it cost "$3,800". He said he was going for a performance car then a show car, in which i get it why people spend money on their show cars, but if your interest is in speed why would you go outside first then inside??

My Versa may sort of (not really) look like a street car but there is no way i would invest money on car mods to the engine for my car is auto instead i may just add some money here and there to make it to look nice, but i wouldn't go crazy with a wild/wacky paint job.

Opinions, outputs, perhaps you experienced something similar too, and note i am not bashing on these people just don't get it(if their top priority is speed).
You summed it up right there. Kids just don't get it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
When I had my '00 Civic hatchback, I started in this order lol: tint, sound system (speakers, sub n amp), front and rear lip, grille, catback exhaust, HIDs, lowering springs, rims n rubber. I prolly spent $2000 altogether. Unfortunately I got rear ended at the beginning of the year, got written off. Now I got the Versa and gonna do similar things slowly.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
True, but i've seen some grown ups (24yrs +) around Az do some wacky stuff too. For example ricers have no age limit :frown2:
idk if you seen this video, but yeah sometimes nissan too :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibG7N-CGa3U
Lmao oldie but a goodie. Yea older people think they have it, trying to keep up with the wrong young kids :smilielol5:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I had my '00 Civic hatchback, I started in this order lol: tint, sound system (speakers, sub n amp), front and rear lip, grille, catback exhaust, HIDs, lowering springs, rims n rubber. I prolly spent $2000 altogether. Unfortunately I got rear ended at the beginning of the year, got written off. Now I got the Versa and gonna do similar things slowly.
Ouch, yeah somehow that is one thing people can't prevail sometimes but i would never wish a misfortune on someones car/life.

But at least you didn't spend 3g's on a body paint and weird looking body kit and say you race around tracks and/or streets

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ouch, yeah somehow that is one thing people can't prevail sometimes but i would never wish a misfortune on someones car/life.

But at least you didn't spend 3g's on a body paint and weird looking body kit and say you race around tracks and/or streets
I spent wisely, I think about the cost of something, then think of all the other things that money can be spent on. Most of my parts I bought for the civic were used though, but in good condition. I took the time to make sure it was done right. Other people would rush their shit altogether and it doesnt look right in the end.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it disappoints me so bad when i see an amazing car or a car that has so much potential just done the wrong way... :/

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spent wisely, I think about the cost of something, then think of all the other things that money can be spent on. Most of my parts I bought for the civic were used though, but in good condition. I took the time to make sure it was done right. Other people would rush their shit altogether and it doesnt look right in the end.
Kudos to you and spending time wisely/carefully. To me it doesn't matter if you spent a 20,000 dollars or 2,000 dollars as long as it looks nice and clean as well as sound. Some people are eager to get their loud exhaust from a shitty place instead or somewhat researching their car and what best exhaust goes for it. I hate those loud a** exhaust that sound like a fart canon and people actually think they can beat any car out there because of it:bash:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
yeah. I mean, no offense to any honda civic owners, but im only gonna pick on them for a min, cause they like the top favorite for what im about to say. I am so tired of hearing those shit cans going by. I used to laugh, but now it just pisses me off, cause it sounds so terrible, and its disgusting. 4cyl are hard to exhaust i admit, cause they dont make that low rumble noise, but those shit cans dont help any!!!!! lol.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
yeah. I mean, no offense to any honda civic owners, but im only gonna pick on them for a min, cause they like the top favorite for what im about to say. I am so tired of hearing those shit cans going by. I used to laugh, but now it just pisses me off, cause it sounds so terrible, and its disgusting. 4cyl are hard to exhaust i admit, cause they dont make that low rumble noise, but those shit cans dont help any!!!!! lol.
My dad's car has a fart pipe/can on it. He hates it. His coworkers make fun of him all the time. LOL! That's what happens when you let your teenage son use your car. You get a noisy exhaust added on to a Sunfire! haha:woot:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It is true of what you say, but only reason why a lot of Honda Owners get a bad rep is because Honda's are affordable unlike Subaru (wrx,sti), Mitsubishi (evo, eclipse GT, Gsx, Gst), Mustang (Gt, Cobra, 500), and so on. Don't get me wrong i like honda's, if done right they can be beasts :23: lol

To the other 75% of people who own them just throw on wacky ass fart canons (that stick out way too much from the bumper) probably robs them of horsepower then gain hp, throw on a ugly ass shopping car wing, hideous clear head/tail lights, ugliest chrome wheels, throw on flames or some stupid shizz, and stickers :guns::bash::beatdeadhorse5::facepalm::banghead: :badidea:

haha sorry i went overboard with the icons lol but honestly that is how i feel when i see the owners of ricers. they def think they run the town with their POS cars that were once nice

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My dad's car has a fart pipe/can on it. He hates it. His coworkers make fun of him all the time. LOL! That's what happens when you let your teenage son use your car. You get a noisy exhaust added on to a Sunfire! haha:woot:
Unless your dad's car exhaust is really noisey/raunchy then yes please tell him to take it off!! But if it sounds deep and sexy then no worries lol.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Unless your dad's car exhaust is really noisey/raunchy then yes please tell him to take it off!! But if it sounds deep and sexy then no worries lol.
Well he's said he's not going to bother because it was welded on and then he'd have to buy a new exhaust for it. It's a very very deep sound. I sat in it once while we drove to Toronto (back when my brother drove this car)... OMG we all had splitting headaches when we got there.

Something else just broke today :eek:

It seems whenever my dad is away things stop working. Last Thursday the lawn mowers conked out on me, Chuckie's a/c stopped functioning on Saturday, the pool pump broke apart and leaked 1/4 of the water out on Saturday AND today when we had my brother move my dad's car out in front of our house, the rear passenger tire was not spinning. Something seized up on it after being parked for two weeks.

I at least fixed the pool pump and got it working again and filled the pool up with water. Chuckie need's coolant, so my brother will get that tomorrow on his day off ...

As for the Sunfire, any one have any idea why the rear passenger tire would not spin at all. It left a hefty tire tread on the driveway (which will not please my dad) :eek:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
that sucks ^^^
sorry for those mishappens to you
It's only because my dad is away for work.

It never fails, he goes away and everything breaks down. He's home, and everything works perfect.

But don't worry, I am figuring out ways to fix these things. Someone has to fix em!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Its like that with me, only differnce, things break while im home. lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts