Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beginning of next week.... if it actually happens as the models are predicting it looks like somewhere on the east coast could get 4+ feet of snow :eek6:

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Yeah I was jealous of northern VA (where my parents live) because of all that snow I thought they were gonna get. I really can't wait to go snowboarding!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya... Can't wait to ride the new gear! Sucks that I have to go all the way to Quebec to get a half decent place to go though.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
looks like is not the perfect storm but they're saying there's going to be a lot of rain

here's a link for New York Time square
Times Square Cam - EarthCam

it is too late to add flood insurance to your home for this hurricane because you have to wait- 30 days, I think, for the flood insurance to kick in.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still can't believe the sheer size of that storm... We are already getting the rain from it.

I'm not worried about flooding here, in fact the only warnings we have from environment canada are wind warnings for tonight. So power outages are more likely than flooding, but just in case I have a back up sump pump and a gasoline generator.
Not that we are really expecting anything major... I know I'm still going to work and as far as I know everything is business as usual around here today.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Out of 4 cars we all have, my V is hogging the garage :thumb2: Here comes the storm... Must be nice to be way up in canada right now lol

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out of 4 cars we all have, my V is hogging the garage :thumb2: Here comes the storm... Must be nice to be way up in canada right now lol
Granted, we won't be getting it as bad as the States, but in that picture above my house has orange above it too... Its kicking up something fierce here already! My parents live down by the lake (Ontario) and they are saying they have never seen the waves that big... 3 meters!

Sustained winds of 60km/h and the storm hasn't even started yet!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
in New York and apartment building got damaged, lucky nobody got hurt

New york black out

^^^^^^^
it reminds me of the movie "I'm Legend" bunch of night seekers come out running

manhattan NY

car drifting in Columbia

snow in west Virginia...LUCKY!!!!! :stpatricks:

A lot going on tonight. thoughts and prayers for the victims

The Perfect Storm after all =(