Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm the owner of 2015 sedan.

I was trying to change my in-cabin filter, so I tried to remove the glove box.

But the 2015 model has "un-screwdriver-able" space bottom of glove box.

I watched every videos or articles but there's no model like this and they were easy to take out.

Does anyone have experience like I have? Please let me have the solution.

I'm spending 5 hours for these 2 little screws.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, so no need to take the glove box out. Just stick your head under thr passenger side dash near the center console and youll see a long skinny cover, thats where the filter is. Mine doesn't have a filter in it haha. (Its the one with the blue mark on it)
I cant upload the pic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so no need to take the glove box out. Just stick your head under thr passenger side dash near the center console and youll see a long skinny cover, thats where the filter is. Mine doesn't have a filter in it haha. (Its the one with the blue mark on it)
I cant upload the pic
Yeah, that's the one I found, the one without plastic cover. I already chaged that one.

But what I found from my owner's manual is with plastic cover on side of it. And that's the one I found on YouTube, too. The problem is it's hiding under the glove box.

·
Registered
52 Posts
One the glove box, push down on the 2 plastic curved bars that hold the door. You will be able to fold the door all the way to the floor and remove it. Then you gain access to the 2 bottom screws

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One the glove box, push down on the 2 plastic curved bars that hold the door. You will be able to fold the door all the way to the floor and remove it. Then you gain access to the 2 bottom screws

Thank you so much, TNAudio.
I'll try it tomorrow!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

When attempting to do this, I got the 2 support arms to release, however the one closest to the passenger door seems to have a cable attached to it preventing it from pulling out any farther to allow the door to drop all the way to access the bottom screws. How do I remove this cable?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hello

I'm the owner of 2015 sedan.

I was trying to change my in-cabin filter, so I tried to remove the glove box.

But the 2015 model has "un-screwdriver-able" space bottom of glove box.

I watched every videos or articles but there's no model like this and they were easy to take out.

Does anyone have experience like I have? Please let me have the solution.

I'm spending 5 hours for these 2 little screws.
Did mine without taking out the glovebox apart......just make sure you have the right filter:

·
Registered
1 Posts
When attempting to do this, I got the 2 support arms to release, however the one closest to the passenger door seems to have a cable attached to it preventing it from pulling out any farther to allow the door to drop all the way to access the bottom screws. How do I remove this cable?
The cord attached to the right side of the support arm can be removed by reaching under the glove box and pulling the cord off the arm through the small slot in the arm. Once you have all 10 screws removed you will have to release the 4 plastic push clips made onto the back of glove box. This takes hard prying out on the box with trim tool to get them to release. The top ones about 2 inches down on either side are very difficult but it can be done. The first time I took mine out to replace the cabin filter it was very difficult. While I had it out I cut off the two top push clips which are not necessary and now it comes out very easily. You have 10 screw holding the glove box in. It won’t fall out without these 2 push pins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts