Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've had it with my local dealership. I always go there hoping things will turn out alright, but they never do.

Idk if anyone remembers when I went to get my FPR checked out, but they ended up telling me it wasn't covered under the powertrain warranty and so they would have to order the part ($90) and charge me for labor ($100) This was after charging me the $100 diagnostic fee. I ended up complaining, because i was under the impression that I was going in for warranty work and that it would all be covered, and they refunded me the diagnostic fee.

So today I went back to the dealership planning on buying the FPR and just doing the repair myself. I went up to the service desk and told them what part I needed and the tech went to look it up in the computer. He comes back a minute later and tells me that its part of the fuel pump so they CANNOT order it on its own, I have to order the entire fuel pump to replace the entire unit ($415).

WTF. So now they're telling me that I have to replace the entire fuel pump because they can't order the part even though they clearly told me a little while ago that they could? SO, because they have to replace the whole pump shouldn't this now be covered under my powertrain warranty?? SERIOUSLY!?!?!? I'm so frustrated with them.

So my question is this: Is there anybody who has a better relationship with their dealership who can check on this for me and see if they can order the part? Or even just check and see if their dealership will sell the Fuel pressure regulator separate instead of with the pump? I tried Courtesy Nissan, but it looks like I can't order it through them (can't seem to find it in their maze of diagrams).

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this problem..

And if somebody can order the part, I would be more than willing to pay for it, plus shipping, plus a little extra for helping out :) The part is the Fuel Pressure regulator, which is located inside the fuel tank, attached to the fuel pump. I have a 2008 versa sedan.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave them the parts number, but they said they can't order it by itself, they have to order the entire assembly (and charge me for it)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the part on Nissanpartszone.com. They're charging $20 for it. Has anyone heard of them?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nevermind, i went ahead and ordered it. should be here next week.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My mechanic did mine for me. I told him whole assy not necessary and he ordered the part no problem. An hour's labour for him and all done. I probably could've done it myself and you probably can too, access under the rear seat. Somebody has a very nice diy thread here somewhere. Hope it goes well

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, I bought the art online through the site i mentioned earlier. I got a call a little while after from another dealer in a different part of the state and he was saying they could order it separately as well. I think my dealers just stupid..

·
Registered
238 Posts
That's why you often hear them called the "stealership" and I had similar issues. One was I went to my dealership when I was near it one time and wanted to buy a refill wiper blade for my rear wiper and they told me they couldn't find it on file but would be happy to order me the ENTIRE wiper arm assembly and install it.....I then got on my phone and looked up the part number and went back and told em to look it up and they "conveniently" couldn't find it and again offered the full assembly. I laughed at him stated "you must take me for a fool" then went to O'Reily's auto and got a Trico Exact Fit along with Trico Force 26/14's.

Gotta love the "vulture" types that are breed at any job that only pays on commission.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.