Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Been working on the site lately. Been learning how to do some mod_rewrite so we won't have any ugly urls. Its been a pain in the a**!

Well anyways. Could some of you guys take a look at the site so far and let me know if you like the News layout? I like it but it's for you guys so if you could just let me know if you like it or not that would be awesome!

Link to the site: http://www.VersaNation.com
Link to the news: http://www.VersaNation.com/updates/news/

Thanks guys.. next will be the mod list. :D
Than I will release it and add new stuff.

Enjoy and thank you..

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on adding the chat.

Not right now though. Its one of those things that need to be done after the site. But it will possibly be one of the first things I add after it is complete..

Any complaints so far though?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Be wary using a chatroom/shoutbox....it does nothing for your ranking and as we've found with another forum, people ask the same questions a million times over because it's not recorded anywhere.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finish it or i will keel u lol bwuaahhahahahahahahhahahaha are you using a website making software?
I plan on finishing it sometime next week. Hopefully sooner. And I am not using any software. Just notepad.

Be wary using a chatroom/shoutbox....it does nothing for your ranking and as we've found with another forum, people ask the same questions a million times over because it's not recorded anywhere.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I'm not talking about a chatroom where people ask questions really but more of a place to just hang out with other people who are on the site. People could ask questions about about modifications that people have posted and all that good stuff. I want the site to be pretty basic when I release it so that I can add new features and new stuff as it grows.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just simple stuff...

Registering
logging in
posting news
commenting news
edit your news
posting comments
edit your comments
edit profile

just those. I need to know of they work good or not. But I'd have to set your "rank" high enough for you to have permissions.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok screw having testers its a waste of time...

I have the basic modification module set up. What I would like to know is if you guys like the layout or not.

Here is a link:
http://www.versanation.com/mods/tutorials&category=Interior&id=22

Let me know what you think. The tutorial IS NOT a real tutorial that I made, I just googled something and added the pictures to see what it would look like.

P.S. --I haven't finished the themes of the site yet (I'm working on making it dynamic for the user to pick..) so you will see some ugly purple/blue links and boring looking stuff for now..

What do you think...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.