Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh, I was trying to be greedy and I ran out of gas! I was at 472 miles when the car shut off and I had to pull over... Question, did this cause any damage?

Also, the guy at the gas station was a greedy douchebag. My friend brought me 1.89 gallon and the gas station guy put it in another 12.2 gallons... that puts me at 14 gallons in my gas tank... Did he overfill it big time and will this eff my fuel gauge and stuff?

:(

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
fuel pumps are cooled by the flow of gas through them. You can burn out your pump if you continue to do that. But I think this one time your fine.

If the attendant pumped the gas they like to top it off and get a nice even number on the dollars usually. I hate that very much. I would take your MPG numbers on that tank and the next one with a grain of salt.

BTW I stopped trying to get crazy numbers and just drive normal again. 37mpg has been pretty much my lowest though.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
shouldn't be a big issue. how far can you go on your empty light? furthest ive gone is 60miles then i got scared and filled up ha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.