1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEED TO GET THESE PIECES OFF!!!

Driver Side Vent Piece:

Passanger Side Vent Piece:

Someone posted a comment on an earlier thread with how to do it but I searched for literally at least 40 minutes.. I can't find it to save my life..

I am tired of seeing nice Matte Black interior and than spotting the fake silver cf print.. lol

Thanks for the help :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i think it pops off if u get a flat head screw driver with a cloth and wedge it in there gently..... no ****

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish it was that simple...

You can pop off nearly ALL of it, but the top right side is like screwed into the vent or something. Somehow they are connected and I cannot find out how to disconnect them.

I can't figure out how to bring them both out either. I'm tempted to just take the whole dash apart to get it. haha

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
take off the piece below it, and also the a pillar trim. the a pillar trim holds it down
What piece are you referring to below it..?

I took out the glove box so that I could get in there but the screw or whatever is holding it in place is tucked in a LITTLE corner.. to my knowledge the rest is just attached to the dash.

why does it bother you so much?
It bothers me just because I got to paint all of my other pieces matte black. I figured that those pieces would just clip off like all the others but they don't and its been like 8 months since I painted my pieces Orange and I am still not able to get it off. lol

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Paint is most likely going to chip or scratch. Especially if it's this hard to remove those pieces. I would try and trade with someone who has a 1.6l as it comes stock matte black.

·
Registered
354 Posts
if you still cant get them off, and no one has helped you by tonight
ill post on here how to do it, cause ill ask the master technician at my work im sure he knows how to lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.