Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our experience with the 2015 Note SV has been 99% negative. From the dealer network (we're in North San Diego County) to the dealer we bought from (Imperio in SJC/Orange County) and the support through Nissan's Customer Service. Just a cluster-f of incompetence, evil and ignorance. The problems (after a month+ of ownership) really makes me regret not buying the Honda Fit that would have run $3,000 more.

The sole positive is the 42.5 MPG combined average on the last couple of tanks. 1,500 miles on it.

I can see why Nissan is 20th on reliability on Consumer Reports' list. From the hood rarely popping open when released (and then opening when in motion!) to the passenger air bag not activating with a 95-lb adult sitting in the seat, there's just a ton of problems that make me hate this vehicle to no end. If this car were totalled tomorrow, the replacement will be anything but a Nissan.

We paid around $16,500 OTD for the SV in silver with mats and mud flap/guard thingys. The splash guards are a useless option that I didn't want but had to get due to a slimy move by the dealer.

I'll be filing a new NTSB complaint about the airbag sensor for the passenger seat. I usually drive the car with only kids in the back, so the first time there was a passenger in the front with me driving, I noticed that annoying orange light.

What a piece of junk. Thing is, a few bits and pieces of better design, better choices and better construction would make this car a Fit, Yaris, Mazda3, Impreza killer! Poor, poor, poor execution!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Our experience with the 2015 Note SV has been 99% negative. From the dealer network (we're in North San Diego County) to the dealer we bought from (Imperio in SJC/Orange County) and the support through Nissan's Customer Service. Just a cluster-f of incompetence, evil and ignorance. The problems (after a month+ of ownership) really makes me regret not buying the Honda Fit that would have run $3,000 more.

The sole positive is the 42.5 MPG combined average on the last couple of tanks. 1,500 miles on it.

I can see why Nissan is 20th on reliability on Consumer Reports' list. From the hood rarely popping open when released (and then opening when in motion!) to the passenger air bag not activating with a 95-lb adult sitting in the seat, there's just a ton of problems that make me hate this vehicle to no end. If this car were totalled tomorrow, the replacement will be anything but a Nissan.

We paid around $16,500 OTD for the SV in silver with mats and mud flap/guard thingys. The splash guards are a useless option that I didn't want but had to get due to a slimy move by the dealer.

I'll be filing a new NTSB complaint about the airbag sensor for the passenger seat. I usually drive the car with only kids in the back, so the first time there was a passenger in the front with me driving, I noticed that annoying orange light.

What a piece of junk. Thing is, a few bits and pieces of better design, better choices and better construction would make this car a Fit, Yaris, Mazda3, Impreza killer! Poor, poor, poor execution!
try going over to the honda fit forums and take a look at how many issues are cropping up with the 2015 fit's and i'm sure you will be just as disappointed with the new fit as you seem to be with your versa note.....sorry for the problems you're having with yours, but most of the people that have come on here with versa note's have had nothing major like you seem to be reporting. also with a child in the seat, fyi the light for the passenger airbag is supposed to go on to let you know that the airbag is off as it is required by law that if a child is sitting in the seat that the airbag be turned off as it can cause injury to a child or anyone who does not meet the minimum weight that the sensor in the seat is set to. also, as with any brand you are going to get crappy dealers and i'm sorry, but you picked one of the crappiest one's in orange county as they used to be called orange county nissan and were just recently taken over by new management that seems to have kept a lot of the very same people that made me stay away from that dealer, before you throw in the towel though i would seriously consider researching into some other dealers closer to you and see if you can get better customer service at one of them....as for myself, i get all my work done at fontana nissan and have received nothing but top notch customer service and when something does go wrong with the car i know from past experience that they will take care of warranty items with no hassle. just a few things to consider, but ultimately it's up to you what you decide to do.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our experience with the 2015 Note SV has been 99% negative.
Very sorry to hear of your negative experience. In my opinion though, the things you are complaining about doesn't seem to be grounds to "Hate this vehicle to no end". You problem with the hood may be remedied by a simple lubrication of the hood latch (it could even be operator error as well). Your complaint about the airbag being deactivated is probably invalid, as the system is programmed to remain deactivated until someone sits in the seat that meets or exceeds the minimum weight requirement (I don't know what that weight limit is on our vehicles). It seems as though you received a fair price for your vehicle as well.

My mom recently purchased a 2015 Note SV and personally, I like the 2015 Notes better than my 2014. The gauge cluster is so much better and the audio/HVAC controls look much better than mine.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear about your bad experience. After reading your post, I was wondering if we bought the same car.

Being an 8 month owner of a Note SV (just turned 5000 miles with equipment similar to yours, I think) I am a perfectly happy with my car. My overall Nissan experience has been very good. It took me a couple of months of research and deliberation before deciding on the Note. This is my first Japanese car in over 40 years and of course it's not perfect (none of them are), but 8 months later this car still meets or exceeds all my expectations (knock on wood).

Yes I agree with the splash guards being useless and told the salesman to find me one without them (and he did). Looks like you had a good deal too, similar to my price and I have VPP.

I've experienced the service side of Nissan and no complaints there as well except for the overly aggressive email/phone follow up for service I do not yet need. In my case, dealer experience is usually hit or miss no matter what the brand you buy.

Not sure what other problems you have but the items you mentioned seem somewhat minor and should be fixable. Of course it's disappointing and frustrating to deal with problems on a brand new car.

Sounds like maybe you just bought the wrong car?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
airbag issue shouldn't be taken lightly. Definitely get that checked out and fixed.

Sucks that your note sucks. But that mpg is fantastic! Hopefully your problems can be dealt with or you find a way to get out of a note and into a fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies

The car is > < that close to being great. The issues though are pretty serious. A modern airbag is a two-stage strength... 79.3 lbs for stage one and 119 lbs for stage two. My car's sensor doesn't recognize anything below 100. I'm 175 and it does trigger for me. It could be a software problem or a connection problem - it shouldn't be my problem though. My subaru was RIGHT at 80. My daughters used to ask me to check very regularly when they were still being driven to elementary school, before we'd leave, they'd sit in the front. I was one of those, you stay in a full-child's seat until you are of height and weight... Most of their classmates were in boosters or in nothing while mine were confined in the big seats!

Great to hear the background on Imperio. Being that a lot of Mexican-owned companies in SoCal are being investigated for money laundering, I jokingly said to someone that Imperio must be doing that! >:D They were cheaper than the "best" price that other dealers were willing to part with the Note for. Of course, the Mossy-owned dealerships are awful and tie-up much of the San Diego market for Nissan. The non-Mossy dealerships are like feeders who scavenge behind them, but don't have the numbers that OC and LA have so they don't offer the better pricing.

Initial quality on the Note has been far under our Toyota, Subaru, even a Buick. It's more in line with a Cadillac that will live in infamy as the worst POS that ever graced my garage. (Great deal, great big POS.)

I am always suspicious of a first year of any model, so the 2015 Fit was on watch. The difference is that the dealer network is a little more high-brow for Honda. Sunroad in San Diego has a Honda dealership and they have had excellent service at their other dealerships.

The last tank's 42.5 MPG combined is the bottom line for us.

Now, how to do DRLs, maybe fogs and in-dash navigation with traffic (and not spend over $300). :/

·
Registered
639 Posts
The car is > < that close to being great. The issues though are pretty serious. A modern airbag is a two-stage strength... 79.3 lbs for stage one and 119 lbs for stage two. My car's sensor doesn't recognize anything below 100. I'm 175 and it does trigger for me. It could be a software problem or a connection problem - it shouldn't be my problem though. My subaru was RIGHT at 80. My daughters used to ask me to check very regularly when they were still being driven to elementary school, before we'd leave, they'd sit in the front. I was one of those, you stay in a full-child's seat until you are of height and weight... Most of their classmates were in boosters or in nothing while mine were confined in the big seats!

Great to hear the background on Imperio. Being that a lot of Mexican-owned companies in SoCal are being investigated for money laundering, I jokingly said to someone that Imperio must be doing that! >:D They were cheaper than the "best" price that other dealers were willing to part with the Note for. Of course, the Mossy-owned dealerships are awful and tie-up much of the San Diego market for Nissan. The non-Mossy dealerships are like feeders who scavenge behind them, but don't have the numbers that OC and LA have so they don't offer the better pricing.

Initial quality on the Note has been far under our Toyota, Subaru, even a Buick. It's more in line with a Cadillac that will live in infamy as the worst POS that ever graced my garage. (Great deal, great big POS.)

I am always suspicious of a first year of any model, so the 2015 Fit was on watch. The difference is that the dealer network is a little more high-brow for Honda. Sunroad in San Diego has a Honda dealership and they have had excellent service at their other dealerships.

The last tank's 42.5 MPG combined is the bottom line for us.

Now, how to do DRLs, maybe fogs and in-dash navigation with traffic (and not spend over $300). :/
yeah, that's the only thing about Nissan that seems to ring true across all their line up is that it usually takes them about 2 or 3 years after a new model is released to work out all the kinks. i usually never buy a first model year either, but so far my Note has been a solid performer and going on almost 25,000 miles now has not had one issue with it. i would definitely get your airbag sensor checked out though as i know a lot of the altima's had the same issue with detecting weight in the front passenger seat and if i recall correctly was fixed by a software update and recalibration of the sensor.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The car is > < that close to being great.....
And yet it's a P-O-S. Not much room there to work with bud. LOL

Yes I agree the airbag problem is SERIOUS, particularly with all the news about Takata nowadays, but again I think that is fairly easy to fix. It doesn't appear to be design problem otherwise we'd be hearing more about it. You just have to deal with your crappy dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts