Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so maybe you could help me with this problem I'm having.

Basically, the power wire to the ignition completely came out of the adapter (the male / female connectors), so I can't really just reconnect them. In order for me to start the car, I have to touch the bare wire to the connector while starting the car at the same time (it's a pain because it's under the steering column). I tried forcing it back in but it won't work, so I'm thinking of removing the plastic cover around the connectors and soldering everything together. What do you guys think? Any suggestions as to how to reconnect the wires? Anyone ever encounter this problem? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jumper the offending wire if you must, but I'd leave the rest of the wires in the harness alone.
Hmm thanks. I just twisted a wire to extend it and stuck it in (for now). Still deciding if I should solder it or not. Do you know the proper gauge for the wire? It looks like both ground and power ignition wires are the same size. I used a 16ga and it's fine for now.. hope nothing blows up lols

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't you just put new connectors on the wire?
Well, the male and female are like stuck together, and it's wrapped in like a SUPER hard plastic. I tried snipping at it, but then I gave up haha. Basically the connector still has a large enough opening to slip the wire in, but won't be snug and may fall out occasionally. I'm just trying to look for the right gauge wire so I can soldering it all together

1 - 5 of 5 Posts