Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we finally arrived here yesterday.

Versa all packed:

1.5 hour wait at the border:

Noticed the V hit 35,000 km while waiting in line:

Look at what I found when we arrived at the hotel:

My dad bought it without telling me :D :woot:

Car #1:

Caliber pros: Big inside, HUGE trunk, seemed pretty powerful, tons of hidden compartments to store stuff, and a chill zone in the glove compartment :)
Cons: Passenger blinker burnt out, brake pedal is very high off the floor (meaning you cannot rest your foot on the floor), and the blind spot is horrible. Backing out of a parking space is a nightmare. It also had 40,000 miles ... too old for my liking.

So I went back to Enterprise and switched the car. The guy told me we could switch daily if we wanted, but I got a 2010 Hyundai Elantra with 8000 miles on it. Still looks new. This car makes me miss my CVT. You can really feel it changing through the gears and from take off it has little power. The word ECO keeps appearing on the dash. It too has a huge trunk, and not a bad exterior.

I have found so many other HK fans here:

And of course I had to add my touch to the car, this is hanging off the rearview mirror, so if you see me HONK :D

And to all Cali people. What is with your cold weather? It was freezing here today. I had to wear a winter sweater (which I'm thankful I brought). Back home, it's over 100F ... here it feels like winter :(

·
Registered
567 Posts
A friend of mine had a Caliber. It was super powerful but the thing felt so boxy and weird inside to me. Have a great time!!! Your dad is so cool, finding that wine!

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
That line looks like it would take hours to get through at the border. I was never a fan of domestic vehicles and the way they're designed, but the engines are mighty powerful. Hope you are enjoying yourself in CA! About the weather, it's been chilly in Colorado for July, we only topped out to 65F yesterday, today should be around 74F.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far we are enjoying ourselves.

The Elantra so far is okay. It really reminds me of my old Hyundai. I hated the fact that my Accent held back so much while shifting through the gears, and this one does the same thing. Oh well, it's only for a few more days!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow! @ all of the pictures/wait at the border. I hope you're having a good time in Cali...it's weird that it feels cold over there, I'd send you 10 degrees of our weather and it'd still be 90 degrees here but I can't!

The HK wine is awesome! Don't drink it! lol

Be safe, and have a great trip! Don't worry about the rentals, you will have your Versa back in no time, plus, you may even love her more from being away haha

:blue flower:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well on the east coast, we are experiencing some hot weather. A typical day is like low 80's and high 110. It is like 100 degrees outside now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
welcome to cali! ha

yes its very cold in the mornings! it looks like its going to rain when u wake up and its cloudy but afternoon sun is out and cold fresh breeze till the night and its perfect city weather not beach weather though at least not yet lol if only you can rent a versa :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are staying in Anaheim. So far I have driven all throughout Anaheim. We've found almost every mall to shop at so far, lol.

And today we tried In N Out Burger :D It was so yummy. My parents really enjoyed it as well.

I really wanted to rent a BUG, they are everywhere here. It's making me want the Bug even more ... :(

I'll be glad to get my Versa back next week. Although the Elantra is growing on me. I feel like I'm driving a manual car though. You can really feel it shifting through the gears!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We were in Beverly Hills when I saw this car. A modified Yaris from Ontario :D

Now this is a cool car:

And my dream car :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
if your in ontario go the the outlet mall there off melekin ave and you will love it. i believe they have a Hello kitty outlet in there not 100% sure but i think they do. You should also hit up santa monica pier. You will love it. alot of fun :D plus there is a buba gumps there thats excellent :D

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tkow: We are back home in Canada now :( We arrived home late last night.

It's ridiculously hot here in Ontario (Canada though), lol ...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts