Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all the Nissan Community. I have owned my Nissan Versa going on 2 years now and it has been an experience, First week I had it, it got bumped by a shopping cart, cause someone was to lazy to put the cart back. Last winter it got all scratch up, due to sanitation and the snow blower from my building throwing ice at it. Three months ago I was on interstate 78 west and their was a boulder on the road, whcih I did not see cause some jerk crossed my path in a jeep and I hit it with my left fron and rear tires, now I need to replace my wheels and already replaced a tire. Now my horn works intermittently and my service engine soon light is on. I will be asking some questions, so I hope you all can assist.

Thanks for being here.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to the forums you have deffinatly had a rough start but this is the place to learn

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
welcome! there is a procedure to figure out what your SES(service engine soon) means. I suggest you start there and post up the code. There is also FSM's online that will help you trouble shoot it. Of course we on this forum will help too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank's, but not sure what FSM's are. As far as the SES, I know it might have been the gas cap that was not properly replaced, so I uncapped it and re-tightened it. It is still on and I know it make take several trips for it to come off. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome! What year is your V and how many miles on it? Those look like newer rims. FSM full service manual i believe. Welcome to NVF

·
Registered
138 Posts
welcome to nissanversaforums!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Welcome! What year is your V and how many miles on it? Those look like newer rims. FSM full service manual i believe. Welcome to NVF
2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback. Have it going on 2 years with a little over 33,000 miles. Got it new in April of 2010. I'm happy to announce that my SES light went off when I started it last night on my way home from work. And for some odd reason the horn is working fine now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome Versaman.

I hope you don't have any more problems with your car. Boulder in the road, eh? This sounds like something that happens around here (middle of Mexico) a lot.

Here is a site that may be helpful in the future. It lists trouble codes for different makes of cars in the "Trouble Codes" section.

OBD-II Trouble Codes - DTC Codes Car Repair

Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I spoke to soon. My horn is out intermittently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I checked the fuse and it is fine. I also checked all the wiring and they semm fine also. Don't know what to do next except to take it to the Nissan Dealer of Manhattan and have them take a look at it. I have Bumper to Bumper coverage, so hopefully it will get fixed for free. I feel it is either a bad horn or the contacts on the steering wheel. Any thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.