Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard some wild rattling coming from the passenger front. I hear it after driving for 20 min, then parking. I can also feel it in the shifter. I turn on the hvac and go through the settings, doesn't really affect the sound. Its damn annoying lol, I just had a test drive with a tech and said it was annoying too! Hopefully they figure it out. Any predictions?

·
Registered
567 Posts
That stinks... Did something fall into the front of the car while someone was working on it? That sound would drive me CRAZY!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they checked over everything in the engine bay, engine mounts, hoses, belts, pulleys. They drove it again and there's still a sound. They checked the transmission but it was fine. Finally they checked all the plastic parts, fender liners, underneath the bumper. So they couldn't figure it out. The sound is much more faint than it was before, maybe its the cold or something.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That stinks... Did something fall into the front of the car while someone was working on it? That sound would drive me CRAZY!
Nothing worked on prior to the sound until they checked it.

passenger front rattling? my guess would be dented wheel...
I didn't hit anything. Dented wheel couldn't cause a rattle if the car is parked which is when I hear it lol.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
hahaha if this were to happen to me i wouldnt even notice! my car is so loud.... header with midpipe and no resonator with Stillen axelback... oh and Fujita cold air... between all these things i dont here much, so i just turn up the music louder... i hope this gets fixed soon...

·
Registered
303 Posts
my car makes a light rattle with the engine on in neutral. i took it to my brothers work (a chevrolet dealer with a nissan dealer owned by the same people) went around back to the lead nissan technician. tech said that the noise comes from the rear countershaft bearing of the transmission, and that all nissan's manual transmissions make the noise, though some are worse than others.

does the noise go away when you oush the clutch in?? if so, i can guarantee its the same noise

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hahaha if this were to happen to me i wouldnt even notice! my car is so loud.... header with midpipe and no resonator with Stillen axelback... oh and Fujita cold air... between all these things i dont here much, so i just turn up the music louder... i hope this gets fixed soon...
Hmm maybe making the car louder will solve the problem! I/H/E will do the trick! LOL

my car makes a light rattle with the engine on in neutral. i took it to my brothers work (a chevrolet dealer with a nissan dealer owned by the same people) went around back to the lead nissan technician. tech said that the noise comes from the rear countershaft bearing of the transmission, and that all nissan's manual transmissions make the noise, though some are worse than others.

does the noise go away when you oush the clutch in?? if so, i can guarantee its the same noise
Yea when I do put in gear, the sound goes away. So I guess that must be it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts